The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the Middle East, North Africa, Central Asia and Eastern Europe regional unit of WFP’s Private Partnerships Division. The position will be based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The Internship will be for a period of six months starting from 1 May 2017.
WFP partners with companies, corporate foundations and private foundations to help reach the goal of Zero Hunger. Partners typically provide funding and expertise to solve pressing challenges that stand in the way of achieving Zero Hunger. The selected candidate will be assisting the Head of Private Sector Partnerships for the Middle East, North Africa, Central Asia and Eastern Private Partnerships Division in implementing WFP’s regional partnership strategy with the following key duties:
- Support of account management related tasks;
- Draft proposals, presentations, communication tools and impact reports for partners and prospects;
- Research and compile relevant information and insights about corporations, foundations and individuals targeted as part of WFP’s regional private sector partnerships strategy and gather information on corporations’ corporate social responsibility strategies;
- Research and compile relevant information and insights about the philanthropic scene and donation trends in the region;
- Produce summaries / case studies on some of WFP’s main public private partnerships in the region;
- Coordinate meetings and calls, prepare minutes and help follow up with all relevant stakeholders on the agreed next steps;
- Record and update all key information, opportunities, documents and contacts through the Division’s dedicated information management web-based platforms (e.g. SalesForce);
- Undertake other related tasks and duties when requested.
- Currently enrolled in University and having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in Business, Political Science, or Marketing/Communications with course attendance in the past 12 months or recently graduated within six months and attended courses in the past 12 months;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluent in English, with outstanding writing skills. Arabic would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- Ability to think commercially, creatively and strategically;
- Valid UAE residence visa.
- Experience (as an intern) in a management/strategy consultancy, the client servicing department of a communication agency or the marketing/sales/sustainability department of a company;
- Knowledge of the social enterprise world, cause related marketing and public-private partnership building.
Terms and Conditions:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation and necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP is not responsible for driving/commuting related expenses (WFP’s office in Dubai is located at the International Humanitarian City, 50 km from the city centre. While shuttle services from the nearest metro station and carpooling options exist, candidates with a valid driving license might find it interesting to rent a car to commute more easily and attend meetings outside the office whenever needed).
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
WFP implements its commitment to gender equality during any recruitment process and advocates for women’s empowerment to achieve a world with Zero-Hunger.
We therefore strongly encourage women, especially coming from developing countries to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Deadline for applications: 16 April 2018
Please send your application through the WFP Career Website, only CVs in English will be accepted.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su World Food Programme
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.