PROGRAMS M&E AND QA MANAGER
The resource will work in the HR&QA Department. He/she will work on Children Care and Protection multi-sectorial programs in the field of Children Care and Protection (Children Homes, Institutional Projects for Children with Special Needs, Childline 1098 Emergency Line, Community Projects). He/she will be responsible for further developing and strengthening the work of QA Dept. inside the organization. In particular, he/she will have to:
- Ensure the sustainability of complex M&E, Learning and Quality Management systems; monitor and evaluate the programs’ efficiency, quality and performance.
- Provide technical support to the projects teams in the operation processes of the programs; seek constant improvement; ensure the achievement of the results and the compliance with the required standards.
- Identify learning needs in the projects; facilitate the dissemination of the best practices to harmonize the projects performances; structure capacity-building programs in coordination with HR Dept.
- Update Quality Assessment Tools according to the projects performance; ensure the continuity of the Quality Improvement Cycle; sustain and support the data collection through the development of new techniques and tools.
- Adopt a participatory approach in every of the above mentioned phases to ensure the involvement and understanding of the projects teams; drive the staff towards full ownership of the tools as self-assessment opportunities.
The resource will work with a team of 2 Indian people (HR&QA Coordinator; QA Assistant).
N.B. Since TDH CORE is a local organization, most of the staff only speaks Tamil language. In some activities, the M&E AND QA MANAGER will be supported by the QA Team through translation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To supervise the quarterly QA Assessments to verify whether the projects are increasing the level of quality established against the pre-established targets.
- To advice and provide guidance to the Projects Teams in the development of data collection systems and in the elaboration of target-oriented and consistent action plans.
- To develop new suitable M&E systems for Programs.
- To identify and share the best practices.
- To facilitate workshops (if required, in the role of trainer) to ensure knowledge sharing and Results Dissemination.
- Data collection tools design.
- To review the data collected on the field ensuring data accuracy and quality.
- To provide strategic support to the programs; to verify the opportunity of adjustments and/or changes to the projects to achieve the targets; to consistently involve all the stakeholders and to advocate for the resources needed.
- To advocate and to network to establish new partnerships and to create new synergies according to the learning needs identified in the projects and with the aim of increasing the professionalism and skills of the projects teams.
- To coordinate with management and other departments.
- To report to Director and HR&QA Coordinator.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Proved experience in Project Cycle Management (at least 1 year) and relevant qualification and training.
- Former experience in a developing setting is a strong asset.
- Proved knowledge/awareness of Child Protection and Child Rights related issues.
- Professional level of English.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular, Excel).
- Strong communication skills; ability to engage with different stakeholders in formal and informal settings; audience management techniques.
- Strongly developed negotiation skills.
- Able to produce clear and concise reporting documents; able to present the key findings from complex data.
- Good organizational skills (prioritization and organization) to manage the workload.
- High level of accuracy and target-oriented attitude.
- High flexibility & adaptability; strong cross-cultural sensitivity.
Conditions of service:
DURATION: 12 months (mid-review after 6 months)
STARTING DATE: 1ST July 2019
WORKING TIMES: From Monday to Saturday, from 9 AM to 6 PM. The resource is entitled to 2 days off per month (non-cumulative) and to office holidays.
ALLOWANCE AND BENEFITS: The M&E AND QA MANAGER will be considered as a PROFESSIONAL VOLUNTEER. He/she won’t receive a salary, but a living allowance in line with the local cost of living (30,000 rupees/month). Moreover, he/she will be provided with food and accommodation throughout the stay. Upon request, visa expenses could be reimbursed.
How to apply:
Applicants are required to send up-to-date CV and Cover Letter in English to the e-mail address [email protected] .
Only suitable applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Info su Terre des Hommes CORE Trust
TERRE DES HOMMES CORE (Children’s Organization for Relief and Education) TRUST is a registered Indian Non-Governmental/Child Welfare Organization (NGO), working for children in distress, for the rehabilitation of children with disabilities and for children in need of care and protection. TDH CORE is working extensively in Tamil Nadu, developing programs on child development, children’s rights, education, quality care, support and protection.