The resource will be responsible for the further development of HR Dept. activities and for coordinating the work of the HR Team, in consultation with the management. Inside the HR Dept. , in particular, he/she will be responsible for the development and implementation of staff administrative procedures in strict collaboration with Finance and Administration Dept.
He/she will work with a team of 2 Indian people (QA&HR Coordinator and HR Assistant).
N.B. Since TDH CORE is a local organization, most of the staff only speaks Tamil language. In some activities, the HR MANAGER will be supported by the HR Team through translation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Consolidation and clarification of HR role and procedures inside the organization.
- Participation in coordination meetings with top-level managers.
- Identification and definition of internal procedures already in use for the organization staff administration.
- Elaboration of new administrative procedures to cover the entire scope of HR activities.
- In particular, identification and definition of basic procedures for: elaboration of contracts and official documentation, hiring and termination of employment, employees relations procedures, staff performance evaluation system, collection of official documentation.
- Implementation of new staff administrative procedures inside the organization.
- Development of a HR policy.
TRAINING AND VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT:
- Development of induction training format, on-the-job training format and related training materials.
- Planning of professional trainings for the staff.
- Collection and dissemination of information regarding training opportunities for the staff.
- Development of networks and collaborations for trainings and selections (resource people, organizations, institutions, educational institutions etc.).
- Development of volunteers engagement programs.
- Coordination with HR Team.
- Regular reporting to director about the implementation of HR activities.
- Consultation with director regarding decision-making.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
- Previous experience in staff administration (at least 1 year).
- Overall understanding of the functioning of an HR department.
- Background/experience in the no-profit sector is considered a plus.
- Professional level of English.
- Good level of Microsoft Office.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Ability of seeing the big picture.
- Ability to focus on the details.
- Good organizational skills (scheduling and setting priorities).
- Strong critical thinking.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Commitment and determination.
Conditions of service:
DURATION: 12 months (mid-review after 6 months)
STARTING DATE: 1st July 2019
WORKING TIMES: From Monday to Saturday, from 9 AM to 6 PM. The resource is entitled to 2 days off per month (non-cumulative) and to office holidays.
ALLOWANCE AND BENEFITS: The HR MANAGER will be considered as a PROFESSIONAL VOLUNTEER. He/she won’t receive a salary, but a living allowance in line with the local cost of living (30,000 rupees/month). Moreover, he/she will be provided with food and accommodation throughout the stay. Upon request, visa expenses could be reimbursed.
How to apply:
Applicants are required to send up-to-date CV and Cover Letter in English to the e-mail address [email protected] .
Only suitable applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Info su Terre des Hommes CORE Trust
TERRE DES HOMMES CORE (Children’s Organization for Relief and Education) TRUST is a registered Indian Non-Governmental/Child Welfare Organization (NGO), working for children in distress, for the rehabilitation of children with disabilities and for children in need of care and protection. TDH CORE is working extensively in Tamil Nadu, developing programs on child development, children’s rights, education, quality care, support and protection.