Location: Sierra Leone and Liberia
Duration: 8-12 weeks
Are you a talented?
A child with a child who wants to go to school.
We are looking for people with relevant experience in Sierra Leone and sourcing and reporting.
We offer 8 to 12 week placements where you will not only be making a critical contribution to Street Child’s work, but also expanding your own professional portfolio. Depending on the quality of work produced, you may also have the opportunity to have your content published across the street. Following a review of your placement, you will receive a LinkedIn endorsement from a member of our marketing team.
Child and West Africa Content Manager, working with the communications team in London.
Responsibilities will include:
- Street Child projects
- Written and visual story-telling of the charity’s work has impacted individuals
- Adding photography and film footage to the organization’s visual media library
- Training local staff on case study writing and photography
- Weekly reporting to the UK team
121 million school-aged children are currently out-of-education, mostly in the world’s poorest, most fragile and disaster-hit countries. Millions more children are in school but failing to learn. Street Child recognizes that the barriers to education are interlinked, and our projects focus on a combination of education, child protection and livelihoods.
- Degree or currently studying in the field of communications
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to plan and implement plans in a structured manner
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English, both oral and written
- Independent and able to make decisions with little guidance
- Ability to be flexible and to work out of your specific duties
- An interest in Africa, international affairs and / or international development
The successful applicant must be prepared to live and work in very basic conditions with limited access to electricity, running water and wifi.
Every intern has to cover their own costs for flights, vaccinations and visa. Once in a country there is a fixed daily cost covering accommodation and any work-related travel, ranging between € 8 and € 11, depending on the respective project. A detailed breakdown of costs will be provided for an interview.
We ask all our international interns to fundraise € 1200.
Fundraising is an important part of working in the international developmental sector. We look forward to seeing you as an important member of the NGO.
We are only possible because of the money we fundraise. Asking for a commitment commitment
Click here for more information click https://www.street-child.ch/news/why-do-we-need-to-fundraise .
Support for the fundraising process, while giving the insights!
To apply for this position please fill out this short form https://www.street-child.ch/international/volunteering/application and send you CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] detailing your interest, experience and availability.
Info su Street Child Italia
Street Child Non-profit organization is the organization's association partners English Street Child, based in London.
Since 2008, Street Child worked in Sierra Leone by creating educational opportunities for the most vulnerable children in the world.
Working closely with our local staff, 2008 to present the organization has grown Considerably; Tambakha, north of Sierra Leone, with children in the city and more than 30,000 beneficiaries.
The main objective of the Street Child and Ensuring access to education.