INTERNSHIP as Social Enterprise Intern
Location: Sierra Leone and Uganda
Dates: Very Flexible
Duration: 8-12 weeks
Do you have expertise from the world of business that could help us further develop our social enterprise ventures?
121 million school-aged children are currently out-of-education, mostly in the world’s poorest, most fragile and disaster-hit countries. Millions more children are in school but failing to learn. Street Child recognizes that the barriers to education are interlinked, and our projects focus on a combination of education, child protection and livelihoods.
We are looking for an internship in an entrepreneurial role. In September 2011, Sierra Leone was established as a unique fundraising stream whereby a series of shops and cafés were created in a sustainable source of profit which is re-invested in our projects in the country. Street Child Commercial is now seeking new avenues for growth and growth of profits in Sierra Leone and Uganda.
Responsibilities will include –
- Researching new market opportunities
- Assessing the commercial viability of potential new enterprise projects
- Analyzing the profitability of existing enterprises and seeking opportunities for growth
- Developing and implementing viable expansion plans alongside the local management team
You will have the opportunity to shape your own experience according to your skills, knowledge and goals. This is a unique chance to make a difference to the organization and its aim to empower children through education.
- A business-related degree or currently studying in a business related field
- Experience working on a social enterprise is preferred but not essential
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Able to thrive in a start-up environment
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to plan and implement plans in a structured manner
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English, both oral and written
- ndependent and able to make decisions with little guidance
- Ability to be flexible and to work out of your specific duties
- An interest in Africa, international affairs and / or international development.
The successful applicant must be prepared to live and work in very basic conditions with limited access to electricity, running water and wifi.
Every intern has to cover their own costs for flights, vaccinations and visa. Once in a country there is a fixed daily cost covering accommodation and any work-related travel, ranging between € 8 and € 11, depending on the respective project. A detailed breakdown of costs will be provided for an interview.
We ask all our international interns to fundraise € 1200.
Fundraising is an important part of working in the international developmental sector. We look forward to seeing you as an important member of the NGO.
We are only possible because of the money we fundraise. Asking for a fundraising commitment
To read more about why
Support for the fundraising process, while giving the insights!
Please fill out this short form https://www.street-child.ch/international/volunteering/application and send your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] outlining your experience, interest in the placement and availability.
Info su Street Child Italia
Street Child Non-profit organization is the organization's association partners English Street Child, based in London.
Since 2008, Street Child worked in Sierra Leone by creating educational opportunities for the most vulnerable children in the world.
Working closely with our local staff, 2008 to present the organization has grown Considerably; Tambakha, north of Sierra Leone, with children in the city and more than 30,000 beneficiaries.
The main objective of the Street Child and Ensuring access to education.