POSITION Proposal Development Team Coordinator
AREA/DEPARTMENT Business Development Department
PLACE OF WORK Save the Children Italia Onlus (Roma)
REFERS TO Business Development Head of Department
TYPE OF CONTRACT Fixed term
SALARY 27.000 € – 29.000 € Gross Salary
CSP LEVEL 1
INTRODUCTION TO SAVE THE CHILDREN
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children.
OUR VISION is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
OUR MISSION is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives
Save the Children Italia (SC IT) was created as an ONLUS in 1998 and is now a prominent member of Save the Children International.
SAVE THE CHILDREN’S VALUES
ACCOUNTABILITY: We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to supporters, partners and, most of all, children.
AMBITION: We are demanding of ourselves and our colleagues, set high goals and are committed to improving the quality of everything we do for children.
COLLABORATION: We respect and value each other, thrive on our diversity, and work with partners to leverage our global strength in making a difference for children.
CREATIVITY: We are open to new ideas, embrace change, and take disciplined risks to develop sustainable solutions for and with children.
INTEGRITY: We aspire to live to the highest standards of personal honesty and behavior; we never compromise our reputation and always act in the best interests of children.
To finance our work, we depend on the support of the general public, volunteers, the corporate sector, governments and international donor agencies.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY
At Save the Children Italy we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. Save the Children believes that a child or young person should never experience abuse of any kind. We have a responsibility to work in a way that promotes the welfare of children and protects them from harm. Our Organization has a zero tolerance approach to any harm to or exploitation of a child by any of our staff, representatives or partners. Save the Children expects the highest standards of behavior from all its staff when dealing with children. Those who are representing Save the Children must adhere to the Child Safeguarding Policy, both in their private and professional lives
Save the Children Italy will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us.
This role will contribute to SC Italy Institutional Partnerships & Business development strategy by ensuring that high quality proposals are submitted to key Donors, and coordinating a team of proposal writers and a roster of specialized consultants. The position plays a key role in ensuring that Save the Children project development practices are streamlined within International program staff and aligned with International standards, and that adequate resources are activated to respond efficiently and effectively to funding opportunities. Also, this position leads on COs capacity building in proposal development and Donors compliance, in line with SC Italy role within the SCA system.
Proposal Development & KPIs analysis
- Ownership of the proposal development process from the go-no-go procedure response to the signature of the contract with the Donor. To this end, ensures coordination of different actors involved in the process and ensures their involvement in relevant key stages of the process
- Ensures Country Offices are appropriately guided in the project design to respond to the call for proposal priorities
- Ensures final revision of key milestones of proposals written by proposal writers and consultants
- Ensures Evaluation of full proposal development process
- Ensures tracking and monitoring of identified KPIs related to proposal development and analysis of strengths and weaknesses of submitted proposals
- With reference to highly strategic proposals and/or in case of internal capacity & resources gaps, the position will assume direct proposal development tasks
- Coordinates a team of proposal development experts, ensuring that:
- Their workplans are developed
- Their field visits are adequately prepared and organized
- They receive technical capacity building as relevant for their tasks
- They are adequately supported and held accountable for delivering our ambitious goals for children, continually improving their performance
- Activates resources for project development in response to the funding opportunities identified, deciding on the most appropriate resource.
- coordinates a roster of external proposal development consultants (including contracting, coordination during the proposal development process, feedback & evaluation of the consultancy)
COs Capacity Building
- Guarantees capacity building of COs
- To this end, guarantees coordination with SCI and other members
- Delivers tailored capacity building in key priority countries (and webinars)
- Supervises and directly contribute to the revision of training modules within the EU Account management Group
- The position participates to internal learning processes
Sits in SCA/Account working groups which are relevant to the position, as well as in SC Italy taskforces activated at department and/or direction level
- The position may require involvement in donor engagement activities linked to specific opportunities, as relevant
- The position may participate to project kick off meetings, when relevant
EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master degree in International Studies, Human Rights, Political Sciences, International cooperation, Economics
- Extensive experience (minimum 6 years) in proposal development for institutional donors (DEVCO; ECHO; AICS as a minimum), capacity building to multicultural audiences on institutional donors related matters (compliance, templates, etc), business development KPIs tracking and analysis.
- Previous experience in an International NGO (Overseas working experience is a major plus)
- Strong proposal development skills and detailed knowledge of Logical Framework & Theory of Change approaches, PCM, budget development, AICS, ECHO, DEVCO rules & procedures as a minimum.
- Previous successful experience in people management (at least 2 years)
- Fluent in English and Italian, both written and verbal
- Capacity to relate to a different range of internal and external stakeholders
- Pragmatic/solutions oriented/problem solver yet having strong analytical skills
- Strong team player
- Able to work effectively with others towards the achievement of common objectives
- Positive attitude, high sense of responsibility and strongly result-oriented
The position leaves space for proposing new business practices and tools, thus we will assess the capacity of the candidate to be proactive and collaborate with the team in finding efficient and suitable solutions
- Strong commitment to Save the Children values
Info su Save the Children Italia Onlus
Noi di Save the Children crediamo che ogni bambino meriti un futuro. In Italia e nel resto del mondo lavoriamo ogni giorno per dare ai bambini ciò che ognuno di loro merita: l’opportunità di nascere e crescere sani, di ricevere un’educazione e di essere protetti. Quando scoppia un’emergenza, e i bambini sono i più vulnerabili, siamo tra i primi ad arrivare e fra gli ultimi ad andare via. Ci assicuriamo che i loro bisogni vengano soddisfatti e la loro voce ascoltata. Miglioriamo concretamente la vita a milioni di bambini, compresi quelli più difficili da raggiungere. Save the Children dal 1919 lotta per salvare la vita dei bambini e garantire loro un futuro, a ogni costo.
I NOSTRI VALORI IN PRATICA
Trasparenza: Siamo personalmente responsabili nell’utilizzare le nostre risorse in modo efficiente e adottiamo il massimo livello di trasparenza nei confronti dei donatori, dei partner e, più di ogni altro, dei bambini.
Ambizione: Siamo esigenti con noi stessi e con i nostri colleghi, stabiliamo obiettivi ambiziosi e ci impegniamo per migliorare la qualità di tutto ciò che facciamo per i bambini.
Collaborazione: Perseguiamo il rispetto reciproco, valorizziamo le diversità e lavoriamo con i partner unendo le nostre forze a livello globale per migliorare la vita dei bambini.
Creatività: Siamo aperti a nuove idee, ci adoperiamo per il cambiamento e siamo pronti ad assumerci rischi per sviluppare soluzioni sostenibili per e con i bambini.
Integrità: Lavoriamo aspirando sempre al massimo livello di onestà morale e comportamentale; non compromettiamo mai la nostra reputazione e agiamo sempre nel superiore interesse dei bambini.