This position is responsible for leading the implementation of two three-years programs financed by DG-DEVCO called “Civic Engagement for a functional Judiciary system and Access to Justice in Albania” and the “Civil society in action for protection of child rights in Albania”. Both projects’ objective is to strengthen civil society organizations (CSOs) in Albania; the first aims at increasing the transparency and accountability of the judiciary system and to improve the access to justice for vulnerable groups, whilst the latter aims at enhancing both the CSOs and the community-based organizations (CBOs) to promote child rights.
These objectives will be achieved through capacity building, mentoring and coaching as well as through the provision of funds to 62 CSOs through the Sub Grant Scheme. The sub grants activities are therefore related to the following areas:
- monitoring the judiciary system along with the implementation of the sector reform strategy;
- ensure effective access to justice and
- protection of child rights.
The two projects are implemented by Save the Children Italy in partnership with Save the Children Albania in Tirana, Shkodra, Lezha, Korça, Fieri, Vlora and Kavaja.
Project thematic areas:
- Capacity development of local CSOs
- Child rights and access to justice
- Sub-Grant fund management
- Networking and Advocacy
- Knowledge capitalization and dissemination of Best Practices
This position will also ensure quality and timely project management, operational planning, financial and grants management, documentation, staff management, and representation. The Project Manager will ensure that all program interventions are strategic in terms of SC overall strategies and effective in meeting project goals and objectives. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that all program resources are engaged in a timely manner and that implementation moves forward according to plans.
- Provide oversight and technical leadership to the on-going projects implementation by facilitating technical dialogue with target CSOs and other relevant stakeholders
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the EU funded projects, ensuring management in accordance with donor’s rules and regulations and Save the Children International program standards.
- Effective monitoring of financial and activities progress of the project, identification and design of potential project adjustments differing from the grant agreements (in coordination and to be approved by SC Italy and Country Director, and in consultation with the donor).
- Ensure the capacity building of partner organizations and the recipients of sub granted funds through: (1) CSO capacity development activities; (2) Grant fund management activities; and (3) Advocacy and networking activities
- In close coordination with SC Italy Grant Unit, MEE Program Unit and The Programme Quality (PDQ) and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team, he/she will implement the M&E plan to monitor and support civil society organizations granted under the SG Scheme.
- Provide overall leadership and management in creating short and long-range operational plans, which will lead to successful project implementation and long-term project sustainability.
- Ensure that project staff effectively plans activities that lead to project success. This will include detailed annual management plans, with quarterly work and budget projections, which will be accompanied by appropriate cash flow needs analysis.
- Ensure compliance with SCs Child Safeguarding Policy, as well as Accountability and Child Participation practices throughout the projects’ activities.
Financial and Grant Management
- Responsible for the budget of the project. The detailed annual budget and corresponding project plan will be tracked as per Save the Children accounting systems and in accordance with grant agreement stipulations.
- Ensure that project accounting and financial systems are in place for the effective control of assets, funds, commodities, equipment and property, and will submit to SCIT all required financial reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Ensure that all donor’s accepted procurement procedures are in place and are strictly adhered to.
- Responsible for budget monitoring based on donor compliance and budget analysis and revision in line with project needs (budget amendments, project extension, notification letters etc..)
Project Documentation and reporting
- Responsible for the completion of timely narrative and financial reports to SC Italy and to donor (as per agreement)
- Document and share best practices and lessons learned and more broadly assist with research design, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of best practices internally and externally.
- Supervise M&E and help creating project-reporting systems that track critical project elements and activities in a fashion that allows time to correct management problems before they become critical and report outcomes and impacts to donors and Save the Children.
Staff Management and Development
- Ensure that all staff understand and are able to perform their roles.
- Manage the Project team: define expectations, provide leadership and technical support needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly.
- Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process.
- Manage the performance of all staff project team through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
- Establish and maintain good relations with the donor representative in the country in order to share progress updates, best practices and position for future funding.
- Coordinate and liaise with the local government, NGOs, and other agencies involved in the relevant sector.
- Represent the project in policy and technical fora in Albania.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Successful implementation of the project in line with donor and internal quality and compliance rules and processes.
- Delivery of all required reporting and closure of project.
- Implementation and monitoring of annual plans.
- Delivery of interim donor and internal reports.
- Identification and design of modifications requests to donor as needed,
- Master’s degree in Legal Sciences, International Development studies, Political Sciences or related areas; PhD or Post-Graduate Diploma is an asset
- High computer skills, and high proficiency in Microsoft Office Components
- Fluency in English both verbal and written, required Knowledge of Italian and Albanian is an asset.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- Demonstrated experience in project and financial project management (minimum three years).
- Knowledge of EU grant management and compliance
- Knowledge of the Albanian context, local judiciary system and reform is an asset
- Experience working through/with sub-grants and local partners is mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity of CSOs and to networking and advocacy with governmental and nongovernmental partners
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Experience working with culturally diverse staff
- Italian (or EU) National
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Save the Children Italia Onlus
Noi di Save the Children crediamo che ogni bambino meriti un futuro. In Italia e nel resto del mondo lavoriamo ogni giorno per dare ai bambini ciò che ognuno di loro merita: l’opportunità di nascere e crescere sani, di ricevere un’educazione e di essere protetti. Quando scoppia un’emergenza, e i bambini sono i più vulnerabili, siamo tra i primi ad arrivare e fra gli ultimi ad andare via. Ci assicuriamo che i loro bisogni vengano soddisfatti e la loro voce ascoltata. Miglioriamo concretamente la vita a milioni di bambini, compresi quelli più difficili da raggiungere. Save the Children dal 1919 lotta per salvare la vita dei bambini e garantire loro un futuro, a ogni costo.
I NOSTRI VALORI IN PRATICA
Trasparenza: Siamo personalmente responsabili nell’utilizzare le nostre risorse in modo efficiente e adottiamo il massimo livello di trasparenza nei confronti dei donatori, dei partner e, più di ogni altro, dei bambini.
Ambizione: Siamo esigenti con noi stessi e con i nostri colleghi, stabiliamo obiettivi ambiziosi e ci impegniamo per migliorare la qualità di tutto ciò che facciamo per i bambini.
Collaborazione: Perseguiamo il rispetto reciproco, valorizziamo le diversità e lavoriamo con i partner unendo le nostre forze a livello globale per migliorare la vita dei bambini.
Creatività: Siamo aperti a nuove idee, ci adoperiamo per il cambiamento e siamo pronti ad assumerci rischi per sviluppare soluzioni sostenibili per e con i bambini.
Integrità: Lavoriamo aspirando sempre al massimo livello di onestà morale e comportamentale; non compromettiamo mai la nostra reputazione e agiamo sempre nel superiore interesse dei bambini.