Esperienza da 1 a 3 Anni
Livello Professionale Intermedio
Causa Assistenza socialeEmergenze, catastrofi e Protezione civileIntegrazione e Accoglienza Migranti e Rifugiati
Titolo di studio Licenza media
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life- changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. In response to the increased refugee arrivals into Europe, the IRC established the program initially in Greece, which was expanded with programs in Serbia and wider Balkans and with programs in Germany. Following a first assessment conducted in January 2017 in Italy and another one in July 2017, several critical protection gaps were identified within assistance provided to refugees in migrants in Italy: mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), assistance to unaccompanied children, information provision and legal support. To respond to the identified gaps IRC established a small presence in Italy. Programs in Italy include: Refugee.Info web-based information platform, child protection programming targeting unaccompanied children and victims of trafficking, mentoring programs for the socio-economic inclusion of refugee youth, WPE and education (social emotional learning and healing classrooms).
The Roving Protection Field Officer is a full-time national staff position based in Italy and in charge of conducting and coordinating activities in the Trieste / Friuli region along the Italy / Slovenia border with regards to new arrivals of refugees / asylum seekers coming from Afghanistan. S/he is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the EHAU funded project, including conducting outreach activities with beneficiaries along the border, coordinating activities with local grass roots organizations and partners, ensuring timely procurement and distribution of NFI kits, and representing IRC in the project area.
This position reports directly to the Program Coordinator and works closely with the relevant Finance and Supply Chain colleagues based in Belgrade to ensure smooth management of processes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the quality implementation of program activities along the Slovenian border, ensuring that services are delivered on time, in line with the budget and in compliance with IRC and donor regulations, including procurement, administrative and finance
- Ensure that program targets and results are met for both the partners and the IRC led components of the project
- Lead on managing procurement of NFI kits for distribution in program area, including defining content of NFI kits in collaboration with PC, identification of eligible beneficiaries and ensuring distribution to selected clients
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure appropriate, timely, and accurate data collection against agreed indicators and using agreed indicator tracking templates to enable both internal and external
- Prepare narrative monthly reports for IRC’s part of the scope of work and compile with partner reports as required by donor to ensure consistency in reporting between IRC and Reports include short summary of trends on refugee situation at borders
- Ensure that ongoing program monitoring and learning feeds into alterations into project and program design
- Participate in progress review calls with IRC EHAU at the request of the PC
Coordination and Communication
- Ensure close cooperation, coordination and information sharing between partners on the project, including Center Penc and local grassroots organizations carrying our protection monitoring activities in the area.
- Regularly participate in regional level migration forums and inform / update PC on developments / trends relevant to the regional context in Friuli.
- Regularly coordinate with other ongoing IRC Italy programs to exploit potential
- Represent IRC at coordination meetings and with external stakeholders as
Positions directly reports to: Program Coordinator, IRC Italy
This position is based in Trieste or Friuli region, with regular travel along the border to known border crossing areas.
Profile and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Humanitarian aid, or related field
- 2 to 3 years experience in conducting protection / protection monitoring activities working with local partners, preferably with a non profit in the target region
- Proven experience in field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs and / or state public agencies
- Excellent communication skills including a good track record of report writing and liaising with local authorities and partners
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- Experience and knowledge of refugee / asylum seekers protection issues in the Friuli region would be an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written Italian and English including strong writing skills in English
- Be based in Trieste / Udine or other location in the Friuli region
- Be in possession of a driver’s license, and have a vehicle available for use