Esperienza da 1 a 3 Anni
Livello Professionale Junior
Titolo di studio Laurea
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Recruitment Officer
Duty station: Rome, Italy
Starting date: 20/01/2020
Contract duration: 12 months (renewable)
Reporting to: Recruitment Coordinator
Supervision of: /
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
General purpose of the position
In close collaboration with the Recruitment Coordinator and colleagues in the Human Resources Department, the Recruitment Officer is in charge of Personnel recruitment for INTERSOS missions and HQ, following the organisation internal recruitment process.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Works on recruiting planning meetings, creates job descriptions, and leads the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Recruits staff, including checking applications, shortlisting, interviewing, references check and proposal.
- Prepares collaborations proposals, according to INTERSOS compensation structure, and submits them to the HR Director.
- Researches and recommends new sources for recruitment, actively seeks new and cultivates existing relationships with external contacts on HR trends and issues.
- Manages filing systems (IMP) , making improvements and ensuring privacy of personnel records.
- Provides regular reports on recruitment activities.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings and Programme Updates and several annual office-wide debates to participate in information sharing across all departments.
- Actively encourages all staff involved in the recruitment process to follow the recruitment procedures.
Required profile and experience
- University degree in Human Resources Management or related field is an asset.
- Minimum 2-year relevant work experience on a similar position
- Work experience in a no-profit or NGO
- Field experience in missions preferable
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks and in demanding working conditions that often have short deadlines
- Strong organization skills and resistance to stress
- Identification with INTERSOS values and principles
- IT advanced knowledge (Office package, Data Base system)
- Excellent command of French and English
- Mature, diplomatic, polite and analytical
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Empathy and enthusiasm, excellent team working skills