Esperienza da 4 a 6 Anni
Livello Professionale Intermedio
Titolo di studio Laurea
Cesvi has been working in Lebanon since 2001 in different areas: North Lebanon (Tripoli, Halba); South Lebanon (Sidon); Mount Lebanon (Chouf); Nabatîyé (Nabatîyé); Beqaa (Zahlé); Beirut (Beirut). All the Cesvi projects – funded by institutional donors and private foundations – in the livelihood sector, food security and emergency assistance have a crosscutting component in protection.
Since 2013 Cesvi has been responding to the spill over of the Syrian Crisis working in Livelihood and Protection sectors in close collaboration with local partners, CSOs, local authorities and other stakeholders.
Since 2015, Cesvi is an active member of the interagency Social Stability and Livelihoods Mount Lebanon WG and the national Social Stability & Livelihoods WG (chaired by UNDP). Moreover it is part of the Protection working group (chaired by UNHCR) and member of Lebanon Humanitarian INGO Forum (LHIF).
Current projects are funded by AICS and EU. The mission intends to keep working on education and livelihood/cfw with a recovery approach. In the livelihood sectors Cesvi aims to support the access to income-generation opportunities through education and decent work opportunities. Special focus is devoted to enable youth-led CSOs, social enterprises to develop and upscale innovative business initiatives through enhanced capacities, increased access to finance and active participation into multi-stakeholder dialogues on inclusive growth. On the other hand, Cash for work interventions aim at strengthening the access to basic social infrastructures and services and improving income generation opportunities for most vulnerable Hhs in Beqaa and Mount Lebanon areas.
Education interventions and intend to improve access to educational services with cash, rehabilitation and psychosocial well-being of vulnerable children.
The collaboration will start by the Mid September.
The main duty station will be in Beirut with frequent travel to Mount Lebanon.
The Project Manager will work under the supervision of the HoM and in collaboration with the Country Administrator and local staff/and partner.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- -S/He will directly plan project activities under the supervision of the Head of Mission
- -S/He will coordinate the local operational staff
- -S/He will ensure the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines, (activity planning, monthly project progress and final report).
- -S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator and the the Head of Mission in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning
- -S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
- -S/He will be directly responsible for field staff recruitment and coordination
- -S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff team on an ongoing basis.
- -S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvis’ procedures and rules.
- -S/He will report to the donors and ensure the quality and accuracy of the technical information provided.
- -S/He will actively participate to the Cluster Working Group.
- -S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
- -S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- Degree and / or Master in Cooperation and development / emergency
- Minimum 3 years’ project management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts.
- At least 1 experience in LLRD, cfw project
- Solid experience in needs assessments and project proposal writing;
- Ability to produce high quality narrative reports
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control, especially under AICS (Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo) rules and regulation
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners, and acting effectively as an integration team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
- Excellent knowledge of English and Italian – written and spoken
- Prior experience in Lebanon and/or other complex areas in the Middle East
- Knowledge of Arabic
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.