Esperienza da 4 a 6 Anni
Livello Professionale Intermedio
Causa Cooperazione internazionale
Titolo di studio Laurea
Due to the high humanitarian needs caused in Haiti e by the Hearthquake and following tropical storm Grace, Cesvi is providing assistance to the most affected population, planning at the same time programs oriented to resilience and nexus between humanitarian and development phases.
The collaboration will take place in Les Cayes and other field areas, in line with projects’ needs.
Cesvi is currently working in a context that includes both emergency interventions funded by ECHO, ending in November and development interventions funded by DEVCO, ending in October. The earthquake has caused not only damage to structures, but also economic and infrastructure damages.
In this context, the figure sought is an operator who can support with his experience the crucial areas of management, particularly logistics and management in general. The employee is part of a precise organizational chart, and relates with the Head of Mission, his hierarchical report and with PMs and administrators to support the management and processes.
Cesvi is expected to apply for additional funds or call for proposals, in accordance with the country strategy and detected new needs.
The Operations Manager (OM) contributes to support management of the overall program ensuring effective and efficient systems support to program implementation in both a development and an emergency context.
Reporting to the Head of Mission (HoM), the OM takes specific responsibility for coordinating and managing the support systems (Administration, Logistics,).
The OM is aware of, understands and ensures compliance with all of Cesvi’s policies and procedures. Represents Cesvi to relevant external stakeholders as necessary.
Main duties & responsibilities:
Logistics and Procurement
- -Ensuring that logistics systems including procurement, transportation, warehouse storage, control of and reporting on the use of supplies are carried out in accordance with Cesvi and Donor procedures and policies
- -Ensuring efficient procurement of goods and services in a transparent and accountable manner, ensuring value for money for the organization and justifiable use of donor funds.
- -Leading on tendering, contracting and international procurement
- -Ensuring a clear, well-documented paper trail in systems files
Administration and HR management
Support to Field team (Adm&Programme staff) on:
- -the preparation of the cash flow needed and the Requests for Funds or Requests for Payment to the HQ
- -BFU management and implementation of the activities
- -the recruitment process of Cesvi local staff, if additional staff is required
New proposals and emergency projects
Support the program team in the preparation of proposals, ensuring in particular that proposal budgets include complete and realistic support costs, in coordination with HoM and HQ (Program and Emergency Team).
- University and/or Master degree in Economy, Supply chain management, International Development, International Relations and/or Political Science
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience of job experience relevant to the function, in a comparable environment with non-governmental organizationsof which minimum 2 / 3 years at a senior management level
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication and ease in managing a multi ethnic team
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building and adaptability
- Training / capacity building skills: patience and understanding to work with national staff and to develop its capacity
- Prior experienc in delivering programmes according to tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and planning skills. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working in a changing environment.
- Willingness to travel frequently to rural field locations and experience fairly basic conditions
- Knowledge of French
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programs such as Word and Excel as well accounting packages & other database competencies
- Prior working experience in Haiti
- Prior working experience in a emergency setting
- Working knowledge of a range of donor rules and regulations, particularly ECHO and EU
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note:due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.