Change-making Tour in Latin America
“Erasmus+ KA2 Capacity Building programme” – Project’s information.
This project aims to develop a scheme of mobility labelled as “Change-making Tour” (a mix of sustainable tourism and volunteering) between European NGOs active in international mobility sector and Latin American NGOs supporting native Americans and local community with less opportunities.
1. Build the capacity of the Latin American organisations to host Change-making Tour in their community;
2. Build the capacity of the network to promote Change-making Tour creating videos and other contents;
3. Support change-making in in local community and raise international awareness on local challenges through Change Making tours.
The video-maker will support the European volunteers who will produce videos by:
1. Training the future European volunteers (that later will go 2 months to make videos in Latin America) during an 8-days meeting that will take place in Europe (March 2020)
2. Support at distance the European volunteers while they are in Latin America to produce short promotional videos on their experience and to promote the Host Organisation.
3. Furthermore the video-maker will take part in the Change Making Tours (August-September 2020) in Colombia, Brazil and Dominican Republic. Each Change Making Tour will last 12 days in which the video-maker will produce, with the help of the European Volunteers:
- 1 promotional video for each CMT (lasting 15-30 min)
- 1 long documentary on the 3 Change maker Tours (lasting 30 120 min).
4. Participate in the final evaluation meeting in Europe (autumn 2020) in which the European volunteers will finalize the promotional videos with his help.
The Video-Maker should:
- Have University degree or equivalent (e.g. significant practical experience) in a film/production related field and a relevant qualification in video editing/videography
- Have the possibility to participate to at least one conference call before each international meeting;
- Be ready to physically participate in all the described meetings
- Be able to edit high quality promotional videos
- Have and use the needed equipment including cameras, microphones, tripod, lights etc
- Experience in editing promotional videos and documentaries
- Ability to train young people on video making
- Capacity to give deadlines and to control its respect from European Volunteers
- Ability to guide and support European Volunteers in the creation of their videos and to involve them in the creation of the videos during the Change Making Tours
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Ability to plan, schedule and meet deadlines
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to prioritize effectively
- Able to adapt to new intercultural context and to work in a team
- Have a good level in English and Spanish: at least B1 in speaking and writing;
6.500 € is the maximum budget we can allocate, so this amount is to be considered as gross. We will not cover any other cost related with the payment apart from bank transfers, for which we will share the costs.
50% in the beginning and 50% after completing all expected tasks.
100% of travel costs, food and accommodation for all international meetings will be cover by the project.
How to apply:
To apply for this position we need you to send us to the email application by the 15th of August with the following documents:
- Motivation letter;
Info su No Borders
No Borders è un’associazione di volontariato che nasce dalla volontà di un gruppo di giovani di sviluppare le proprie idee con un certo grado di autonomia. I giovani coinvolti in questa realtà sono tutte persone con diverse esperienze internazionali e nella gestione di progetti con l’associazione Joint, attiva da 13 anni sul territorio milanese.
Gli ambiti di cui si occupa No Borders sono:
● Media, comunicazione e opinione pubblica;
● Video e fotografia;
● Arte e creatività;
● Società multiculturale e antirazzismo;
● Disoccupazione giovanile;
● Sport come strumento educativo.
L’obiettivo dell’associazione è quello di dare maggiori opportunità ai giovani per quanto riguarda la mobilità internazionale, e si impegna a raggiungere questo scopo per mezzo delle seguenti azioni:
● L’apprendimento interculturale;
● Favorire l’aprirsi di nuovi orizzonti culturali;
● Migliorare le proprie capacità e competenze;
● Incoraggiamento alla partecipazione attiva nella società da parte dei giovani;