Nesta Italia is seeking a Research & Project Manager with expertise in social inclusion and innovation. This key member of the team will lead the organisation‘s projects in the Future Communities area, under the supervision of the Head of Programmes.
You will help build the pipeline of initiatives under the Future Communities umbrella (please read here about Future Communities), leading research and projects at the intersection between technology and inclusive practices. You will be familiar with local grants and/or European Commission funded projects, and will look for opportunities at national and European level.
You will also contribute to other projects, (see here the full list for 2019), in which an analytical approach is essential in order to understand how to design the programmes, adjust them and maximise the impact of our action.
You will have regular interactions with the Nesta (London) team, as well as conduct practical research projects together with other partners.
Our dissemination activities (e.g. events, blog posts) will be informed by the research findings, lessons learnt and best practices you will collect and analyse thanks to the activity conducted on the field. The ability to communicate and engage with different audiences is therefore essential.
- You are a skilled project manager, able to design, implement and report the activities you will be responsible for, being research projects, workshops or small events.
- You have a good knowledge of technology, social innovation and research methods. Your ability to conduct analysis and practical research is essential in this role.
- You are familiar with European bids and / or local grants and can write proposals in autonomy, under the supervision of the Head of Programmes.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Italian and English. A good knowledge in at least one of the other organisation’s key areas of work (i.e. health and aging, arts and culture and emerging technologies) is a plus.
- Your work will be key to shape Nesta Italia and its impact in Turin and in Italy.
Nesta Italia is a startup, therefore you will be involved in different research projects and aspects of the foundation’s activity such as market research, communication and programmes. The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is therefore essential.
- Manage independently one or more projects, coordinating activities with the partners and external stakeholders
- Manage resources, budget and timeline of the projects you will lead
- Conduct desk research of the existing literature, as well as lead primary research through interviews, focus groups and workshops
- Liaise and communicate with internal and external stakeholders of the project
- Work with the team to design and facilitate the workshops to be organised as part of the programmes in which you will be involved
- Analyse the collected research, enabling insightful conclusions and clear recommendations
- Communicate these conclusions in a clear and engaging way, tailored for different audiences and presented through different channels (e.g. written reports, events, blog posts, social media)
- Write European bids and / or national proposals – seizing for new national and European opportunities in the social inclusion and tech area
All the activities above will be conducted with a high level of autonomy, with the supervision of the Head of Programmes
You will bring (essential):
- Relevant professional research experience within an academic environment, think-tank, foundation, consulting or similar
- A good knowledge of technology, as well as social innovation methods, gained thanks to previous working experiences in the field. A solid network in this area is a plus
- A keen interest in social inclusion, system innovation and technology for good
- Excellent project management skills. Familiarity with H2020 European bids is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with a diverse, high-performing, busy team
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to research and work independently, and juggle multiple tasks and topics simultaneously
- Demonstrable evidence of good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Italian
- Good IT Skills (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel, using the web for research and using social media).
- Knowledge of at least another Nesta Italia’s area of work (health and aging, arts and culture, emerging technologies)
- Experience of running workshops, roundtables, public speaking, engaging audiences through blog posts or other social media
- Experience in conducting qualitative research and producing reports
- Experience in writing H2020 European proposals or in applying to other national or regional bids.
How to apply
Please complete this test in all its fields by 12:00 PM on Monday 2nd December:
First round of interviews (in person or via Skype, if not possible) will take place on the second week of December 2019. Second round on the third week of December 2019.
Info su Nesta Italia
Nesta Italia is an innovation foundation.
Based in Turin, Nesta Italia is a partnership between the global innovation foundation Nesta, and Compagnia di San Paolo, one of Italy’s largest and oldest philanthropic foundations. Nesta Italia supports innovation in education; inclusion and future communities; health and ageing; and the arts and cultural heritage – using Nesta’s proven innovation methods to encourage social innovation in Italy and shape the communities of the future
Nesta Italia uses its knowledge, networks, funding and skills – working in partnership with others across Italy, including governments, businesses and charities. Nesta Italia is a startup, therefore we are looking for passionate and entrepreneurial people who can contribute to the foundation’s growth, maximising its positive impact.