Purpose of the post
Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to MSF protocols, (para)medical standards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to preset schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques.
- Participate actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the mission, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context.
- Participates in the collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- Support projects’ development by answering medical questions from the field, participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff and replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects.
- In support of the medical coordinator, represent MSF in meetings or with different stakeholders. Assist the MedCo in the stakeholder mapping (organigram of MoH, etc.)
- Carry out medical follow-up of all MSF national and international staff in application of MSF staff health policies, supervising together with the administrator the medical expenses associated, in order to protect personnel’s health state while keeping close control to the resources required.
- Carry-out administrative (inventory and management of the medical operational library, archiving of data and medical reports, etc.), information gathering and data collection tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
- On the request of the Medical Coordinator, carries out extra tasks (one-off reinforcement for a field team, participation in an medical assessment, and project evaluation, etc.).
- Education: Experience Medicine or paramedical degree essential. Specialization in public health, desirable.
- Experience: Essential working experience in developing countries. Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Competencies: Results;Teamwork; Flexibility; Commitment; Stress Management.
- Languages: Italian and English essential
- 1 year fixed-term contract
- Salary according to MSF-OCB Field salary scale.
- Expected starting date: ASAP
- Place of work: Rome
- Project: Coordination office
To apply: Application (CV and cover letter in english) to be sent to: [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Medici Senza Frontiere Missione Italia
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has started its activities in Italy in 1999 when realized that the same persons cured and assisted in countries at thousands of kilometers of distance were the same encountered in precarious conditions and needs once in Italy. The activities developed during these last years have aimed to give medical and psychological assistance to migrant people, even undocumented, present in Italy.
Currently MSF Italy Mission implements different projects:
• In Rome, a rehabilitation center for victims of torture (VOT);
• In Catania, MSF is opening a post-acute care center for migrants;
• In Trapani, psycho social support and transcultural psychotherapy for asylum seekers;
• In Italy, psychological first aid (PFA) for traumatic boat landings;