Esperienza da 4 a 6 Anni
Livello Professionale Senior
Causa Cooperazione internazionaleEmergenze, catastrofi e Protezione civileIntegrazione e Accoglienza Migranti e RifugiatiSalute, sanità e ricerca medica
Titolo di studio Laurea
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. We work in over 70 countries, offering assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
In 2020 MSF OCB has handed over the responsibility for the implementation of their Operations in Italy to MSF Italy, with the mandate to focus on Migration issues and to respond to the Covid emergency.
Within the areas of potential intervention, MSF Italy has identified operational needs in Rome with a focus on the marginalized migrant women in informal settlements and in Palermo metropolitan area with a focus on migrants’ victims of intentional violence (ViV). For the Covid emergency, projects have been opened in Lombardy, Lazio, Marche and needs assessments are ongoing on other regions.
The Medical Programmes Coordinator is part of the Programmes Department area of MSF Italy, working specifically on humanitarian initiatives held by MSF Italy.
Scope, reporting and accountability lines
Reporting to the Director of the Programmes Department, the Medical Programmes Coordinator (MPC) is responsible for planning and coordinating the implementation of the overall medical strategies relevant to operations in Italy, following MSF ethics and values, health policies, protocols and operational plan.
The MPC is responsible for improving MSF Italy’s presence and influence in the medical humanitarian environment in Italy as well as for improving the relevance of the medical activities across MSF projects in Italy. Finally, s/he is in charge of coordinating the medical/technical support to operations in Italy from the OCB medical department, as agreed in the framework of partnerships with MSF OCB, delegating the direct supervision of the medical activities to the Deputy Medical Programmes Coordinator.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Is responsible for planning, designing, leading and coaching the implementation of the overall medical strategies and content of the operations in Italy.
In particular through his/her direct involvement as well as by coordinating the Medical Team, s/he is responsible to:
- Develop and Coordinate the relationships with the Medical Departments in Brussels and Barcelona and oversee the Deputy Medical Programmes Coordinator (DMPC) relationship with them.
- Coordinate the relationship with the medical departments of other operational centers, as well as other medical entities in the Movement.
- Coach and support the Deputy Medical Programmes Coordinator (DMPC) in his/her leading role for the operational implementation of the medical strategy, making sure that the Deputy Medical Programmes Coordinator is fully involved in the design and planning of the strategy as well as in the preparation of medical dossiers and researches.
- Support the Humanitarian Affairs Unit in the implementation of the medical advocacy, as agreed in the advocacy strategy.
- Represent MSF towards local medical authorities and keep regular contact with other counterparts in order to broaden the medical-humanitarian situation analysis, strengthen the impact of the medical intervention and support advocacy actions to raise medical humanitarian awareness.
- Establish relationships and develop networks within the Italian scientific community involved in medical humanitarian topics, with a focus on potential opportunities that might contribute to support operational needs.
- Contributes and participates in the definition of researches, operational activities, production of scientific documents on technical medical portfolios in national and international expert groups.
- In a collaborative approach with other departments, and based on field needs, contribute to stimulate debates and exchanges on medical matters with the ambition of having a “movement perspectives” on specific topics.
- Monitoring the medical and humanitarian needs in through exploratory missions in Italy.
- Being responsible of the drafting and the implementation of the contingency plan of the operations in Italy
- Participates in the planning, definition and sizing of the health-staff employed in the Italian operations to ensure the implementation of medical activities.
- Provide medical content for different publication channels, in collaboration with the COM and Fundraising Departments.
- Collaborate with the medical referent of HR Field to the implementation of medical evacuation of Italian international staff and facilitate the contact and relationship with health authorities and hospital
- Is responsible for the follow up of staff health portfolios related to the field staff deployed in Italy and contributes when appropriate to ensure the implementation of its medical evacuation
Profile and qualifications:
- Essential working experience of at least two years in similar job and four years of previous humanitarian experience in MSF or other Medical NGOs.
- Essential degree in medicine (with a registered title that allows the practice of the medical profession in Italy).
- Experience in Public Health, Master in tropical medicine would be an asset.
- Fluency in Italian (C1) and English (C1)
- Computer literacy
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Knowledge of project strategy’s development
- Knowledge in monitoring and evaluation of health systems and ability to coordinate the response to a medical emergency
- Knowledge of research methodologies and data management
- Analytic thinking and strategical vision
- Networking and building relationships
- Stress management
- Good communication skills
- Cross cultural awareness