Italian Friends of The Citizens Foundation (IF-TCF) is recruiting a Milan-based General Manager. IF-TCF is the Italian partner of The Citizens Foundation, Pakistan’s largest NGO providing education for disadvantaged children throughout the country.
In this role you will make sure that we capitalise on funding opportunities that are consistent with IF-TCF’s strategic and thematic priorities to deliver education to underprivileged children in Pakistan. You will assist in our engagement with the Italian public – through various channels – about The Citizens Foundation’s success in bringing about positive change in children’s lives in Pakistan. In this role you will:
- Help to develop and carry out the vision and strategic direction of our Board and proactively drive IF-TCF’s fundraising initiatives and strategy for Italy;
- Strengthen, develop, and optimise relationships with both existing as well as new donors, particularly Foundations and Trusts;
- Help IF-TCF to launch a strategy for seeking institutional funding across Europe;
- Oversee the day to day IF-TCF activities, programs and events within guidelines regulating registered Italian charities, coordinating with our board and other IF-TCF staff;
- Optimize our engagement with donors via social media, driving development of our website and communications campaigns, coordinating with partners, volunteers and vendors in Italy and Pakistan as well as our External Communications Head;
- Be the point person in Italy maintaining liaison with TCF in Pakistan, coordinating cross-chapter projects and visits to TCF schools and offices in Pakistan and act as a deputy for the President as needed.
To be successful you will be an experienced manager within international development or the corporate sector. A committed team player and a strong people person, you will also have:
- 5-8 years or more of management experience in the development or corporate sectors;
- Experience in managing relationships with senior stakeholders (ideally donor relationships) and a proven ability to build strong collaborative networks, externally and internally;
- Experience of managing regulatory and governance-related issues, ideally in the context of the current Italian regulatory environment pertaining to charities;
- Strong leadership behaviours, including customer focus, delivery of results, communicating strategic vision and purpose;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at a high level;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with fluent written and spoken English.
Info su Italian Friends of The Citizens Foundation - TCF ONLUS
Italian Friends of The Citizens Foundation è una Onlus italiana che favorisce l’istruzione femminile in Pakistan. L’associazione è il partner milanese della ONG pakistana The Citizens Foundation – TCF che dal 1996 opera nel settore dell’istruzione, realizzando scuole laiche e di qualità per i più svantaggiati del Pakistan, in particolare le bambine. Grazie alle campagne di sensibilizzazione e di raccolta fondi, Italian Friends of TCF afferma i valori di TCF: superare i privilegi e le barriere sociali, incentivare l’accesso scolastico femminile e favorire un cambiamento positivo della società attraverso l’istruzione.