INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
erms of reference
Job title: Protection Advisor
Duty Station: Aden
Starting date: 02/04/18
Duration of contract: 3 months
Reporting to: Refugees Project Manager and Head of Base
Advisory role: Capacity building on case management team, protection monitoring team, project protection expert, protection officer. Make standard procedure on case management and protection monitoring. Support in proposal writing and analysis.
General context of the project
The Project has been implemented in Bassateen (Aden), Kharaz Camp (Lahij) and Mukalla & Sayoun (Hadramout) and provides a comprehensive case management package for SGBV, CP and PwSN (including identification, counseling, cash assistance, legal assistance, NFI, internal and external referrals and follow-up). The activities include also support to unaccompanied and separated children (UASC), with alternative care systems, community mobilization, social services and self-resilience activities (from TVET angle). INTERSOS is running 4 drop-in centres and one community centre. Additional mainstreaming components are protection monitoring and community engagement support in capacity building for 2 local NGOs and refugees committees. The total staff is about 156 people.
General purpose of the position
The protection advisor will support the improvement of technical aspects of the refugee’s response in south Yemen. S/he will work on capacity building for the team focus on case management and protection monitoring (CP/SGBV/PwSN) and capacity building on the project protection expert, protection officer and SGBV/CP expert.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Update SoP and formats in collaboration with UNCHR protection unit for case management;
- Capacity building for the staff on case management and protection monitoring for the following categories: CP/SGBV/PwSN;
- Train and coach the project protection expert, sgbv/cp expert and protection officer;
- Develop a standard training package for social worker and protection monitors;
- Strengthen the humanitarian team’s capacity to meet protection and gender minimum standards;
- Provide ongoing strategic protection analysis (including aspects of conflict analysis, gender, and risk management) and lessons from program experience to inform program development, implementation and policy/advocacy work;
- Support the analysis and reporting process of the Protection department, support fundraising efforts and development of new projects;
- Represent INTERSOS with donors and in strategic meeting, as well as coordination meetings with other stakeholders;
- Coordination and management of the SHF, WVI, UNICEF protection projects ensuring deadline in reporting are met consistently;
- Engage at Aden Hub level with protection partners and Protection Cluster;
- Mentoring for staff on protection technical aspects and databases and adherence to data protection protocols;
- Conduct field monitoring and ensure that data protection procedures and processes are followed by Protection and other INTERSOS staff involved in handling confidential data.
- Social Science, Community Development, Psychology or Social Work degree and/or equivalent practical field experience, preferably with a humanitarian organisation
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in CP/SGBV/PwSN programming, technical focus on case management in emergency, children affected by armed conflict and other technical aspects of reintegration is an asset
- Previous experience in humanitarian project management and advisory role is required;
- Project Management skills, including financial management
- Experience in psychosocial support, case management and alternative care for children is an asset
- Fluency in English is required, Arabic knowledge is a high advantage
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions
- Good interpersonal skills to work effective with different stakeholders, including different communities in the target areas, humanitarian actors, service providers, local and national authorities
- Excellent organisational, teambuilding and participatory training skills and experience is required, as well as ability to work as part of a team
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/598dc5a87acaeb280686faef/
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected] , with subject line: “SR-35-164 Protection Advisor – Yemen“.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su INTERSOS
INTERSOS è un’organizzazione umanitaria senza fini di lucro, che opera a favore delle popolazioni in pericolo, vittime di calamità naturali e di conflitti armati. INTERSOS basa la sua azione sui valori della solidarietà, della giustizia, della dignità della persona, dell'uguaglianza dei diritti e delle opportunità per tutti i popoli, del rispetto delle diversità, della convivenza, dell'attenzione ai più deboli e indifesi.