Job Title: Cash Expert
Duty station: 25% Sana’a – 75% Aden with short missions to other field bases in the other governorates of intervention, including Ibb, Lahj, Taiz and Hadramout.
Starting date: 01/12/2018
Contract duration: 13 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: National Cash Distribution Officers
General context of the project
The position is at country level and covers all projects with cash assistance component.
Work-plan is agreed with HoM – ideally the Cash Expert should draft her/his own schedule taking into account the cash distribution calendar of each project. However, cash assistance has not the same weight on each project, but the amount and the challenges related to the beneficiaries’ selection process can vary significantly from one intervention to another. The Cash Expert is expected to follow a movement and work-plan, which accounts for such differences and guarantees adequate support and guidance to the projects’ staff.
Cash Expert should keep full overview of the cash activities under each project and ensure timely, quality implementation with maximum accountability to beneficiaries.
Cash Expert should organise his/her movement plan in function of maximum engagement with Cash Market Working Group and cash related meetings by clusters (Protection and Shelter as most relevant).
General purpose of the position
The Cash Expert is in charge of overall management and supervision of Cash-Based Programming, at mission level. She/he is therefore roving through main field basis in order to guarantee smooth and effective overall management and monitoring of the cash assistance component of all projects. The number of projects including cash assistance, the overall budget, the amount and frequency of transfer, cash transfer agents selected, and the delivery mechanisms may vary during the year, depending on donors’ requests, beneficiaries’ preferences & feedback, cluster directives, funding availability, etc.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Support PMs and project teams in the selection of beneficiaries for cash assistance, in particular ensure coherence in vulnerability scoring
- Checking of beneficiaries lists for all projects on a monthly basis, lists clearance;
- Monitoring of cash distribution process to be compliant with INTERSOS/relevant clusters/donors regulations;
- Ensuring standardization of cash data bases throughout projects (master lists & transfer lists, etc.) and preparing check-lists for systematic use of PMs / teams;
- Ensuring support documentation of cash assistance component (including but not limited to: CTA reports, copies of cheques, bank statement and reconciliation) is complete and compliant with donors’ regulations, to be available for audits and spot-checks at all times;
- Facilitating the timely transfer of cash from admin office to the Cash Transfer Agent, by working closely with national cash distribution officers and providing guidance to the national staff on the correct procedures to be followed;
- Ensuring proper follow up of cash movements, including of money balance from beneficiaries not collecting the assistance, and verifying all movements are duly and timely registered for proper financial reporting to donors;
- Take lead on review and selection process of Cash Transfer Agent (whether through rapid/deepened market assessments and survey, or through launch of national/international bid);
- Supporting the HoM in drafting project proposals including cash components (both in terms of project description and budgeting), and expanding the cash assistance programming at mission level;
- Close follow-up with different Cash Transfer Agents selected, to ensure provision of cash is compliant with the contract signed by both parties prior to the beginning of the intervention; timely addressing issues raised over CTA staff conduct, immediately report to HoM any serious violations from partners and discuss immediate solution with CTA senior management; with special attention to breaches of contract regulations regarding protection of beneficiaries’ confidentiality and personal data.
Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP):
- Monitoring of cash distribution cycle to make sure there is no violations of beneficiaries’ rights & dignity, no breaching of INTERSOS Code of Conduct, and beneficiaries are not exposed to protection risks by INTERSOS staff and the CTA personnel;
- Timely informing the Head of Mission of any delay, variation in budget, or protection concerns for beneficiaries and staff;
- Supporting the M&E team in the performing of its duties, by facilitating PDM surveys on cash distribution and investigation over cash-related issues raised through hotline and/or complaint line;
- Guaranteeing integrity of the process during provision of cash-in-hand in case of GBV survivors, PwDs, unaccompanied elderly and other most vulnerable protection cases.
- Active participation to meetings and coordination with Cash Market Working Group, Protection Cluster, Shelter Cluster and any other relevant Cluster, sub-Cluster or working group.
Capacity building & training:
- Providing capacity building to national and international staff – including cash distribution officers, project managers, project managers assistants, activity coordinators and protection teams (protection monitors, social workers).
- If needed, the Cash Expert is able to carry out surveys and research, whose findings can be used for proposal drafting or for advocacy purposes;
- Producing regular reports to be used for briefing of donors and relevant stakeholders;
- Performs any other related duties as required by Head of Mission or OIC.
Required profile and experience
- Hold a Master degree in social science or any related field (unless compensated with minimum 5 year of relevant work experience).
- At least 2 years of direct professional experience working as a technical expert in cash transfer programming, or as project manager of cash-based interventions, in emergency contexts.
- Deep knowledge of protection mainstreaming and previous experience in cash for protection.
- Solid knowledge of different donors’ guidelines and regulations regarding the provision of cash assistance.
- Prior experience in working in complex emergency setting, involving internal displacement.
- Strong admin/finance skills;
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts, including banks, cash transfer agents and financial institutions.
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular excellent Excel knowledge is a must).
- Experience in data collection and analysis (creation and management of database at mission level and at project level, data analysis and management, drafting of reports combining quantitative and qualitative information).
- Ability to provide capacity building to national staff – both coaching on the job and through structure training.
- Ability to coordinate with other actors implementing CBIs, including active participation in Cash & Market Working Group (CMWG) and contributing to collective initiatives and market surveys.
- Ability to carry out independent market survey, to produce reports and present findings to donors’, the Protection Cluster, the Cash & Market Working Group and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure INTERSOS cash programming at mission level is harmonized and compliant with CMWG guidance and donors’ guidelines.
- Experience with donor compliance and reporting
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and remote management
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems
- Readiness and ability to move around in Yemen
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Excellent English language skills – reading, speaking, writing
- Knowledge of Arabic language will be considered as an asset but is not compulsory
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks (very organized)
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented (pro-active)
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment (stress-resilient)
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure and flexible working hours
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected] , with subject line: “SR-35-686 – Cash Expert – Yemen”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su INTERSOS
INTERSOS è un’organizzazione umanitaria senza fini di lucro, che opera a favore delle popolazioni in pericolo, vittime di calamità naturali e di conflitti armati. INTERSOS basa la sua azione sui valori della solidarietà, della giustizia, della dignità della persona, dell'uguaglianza dei diritti e delle opportunità per tutti i popoli, del rispetto delle diversità, della convivenza, dell'attenzione ai più deboli e indifesi.