Job Title: Logistics Officer HQs
Duty Station: Rome HQ
Starting date: 10/09/2018
Contract duration: 12 months (renewable)
Reporting to: Logistics Unit Coordinator
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an Italian humanitarian organization on the first line that works all over the world bringing assistance to people in danger victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts.
INTERSOS, with its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively meet the needs of people in crisis, with a particular attention to the vulnerable groups, as women and children. It provides first aid, food, shelter, medical assistance and basic goods. It ensures that basic needs, as education, clean water and health, are met.
General purpose of the position
The Logistics Officer HQs is responsible for all logistics aspects of the HQs office, including assets management (except IT), maintenance, procurement for the office, storage management and expeditions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Under the supervision of the Logistics Unit Coordinator, the Logistics Officer HQs is responsible for the logistics pipeline in the INTERSOS office in Rome, including but not limited to:
- Manage the logistic aspects of the HQs:
- Follow up on requests for office maintenance and contact suppliers to solve the issues;
- Assist and follow up all the needs, maintenance and repair works concerning the HQs;
- Production and distribution internally to the HQs all SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) concerning
- Request of material procurement and/or services,
- Use of the warehouse,
- Use of the archive,
- Use of Meeting Room. etc.;
- Follow up the archive activities and the warehouse;
- Follow up the visibility stock and its orders;
- Participate to the Inductions and present the HQs management aspects;
- Follow up the cash flow (including the credit card assigned to the Logistics Unit) producing the monthly cash flows to be submitted to the Administration Department;
Support the preparation of various documents, administrative and legal, when requested by the field offices:
- Follow-up on requests from the field offices including visiting the different agencies (ministries, tax agencies, embassies, attorneys, etc.) to legalize the needed documents (translations, legalizations, visa requests, etc.) and send them to the field offices;
- Follow up and oversee the translation of documents (done by our external official consultants) requested by the HQs and the fields missions;
Management and implementation of procurement procedures for the HQs: the purchase of goods, works and services, following INTERSOS procedures and ensure that are respected:
- Collect the purchase requests from the different departments and follow the relevant procurement procedures;
- Maintain regular contact with suppliers and ensure the quality of the goods/services delivered is in line with INTERSOS standards;
- Manage the storage inventory and movement (IN and OUT) and verify the deliveries;
- Support the procurement of goods and the expeditions for the field offices when requested by the Logistics Unit Coordinator;
- Manage all aspects related to the fleet in coordination with the administration and Italian mission projects (payment of the insurance, government taxes, maintenance, etc.);
- Report achievements and difficulties and give suggestions to improve all logistics “fields”;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required profile and experience
- Technical Diploma or Technical university degree.
- One (1) year of professional experience as Logistics Officer within a private company or humanitarian organizations. Previous humanitarian field experiences as Logistician are considered as a plus.
- Knowledge on procurement guidelines;
- Significant knowledge and experience in logistics;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including MS Word, Excel, Power-point or other presentation software, Outlook).
- Italian mother tongue and working knowledge of English.
- French knowledge is considered as a plus.
- Ability to communicate openly and maintain good relationship within the team, the other units/departments and stake holders;
- Strong reporting capacity, maintaining the communication with the supervisor in different ways (e-mails, written reports, verbally etc.);
- Strong flexibility (attitude to work in a dynamic environment and within a multifunctional office);
- Driving Licence B.
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below: https://www.intersos.org/en/work-with-us/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/5b55e1874af7382c74c6dbea/
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected] , with subject line: “SR-00-648 – Logistics Officer HQs – Italy “.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Info su INTERSOS
INTERSOS è un’organizzazione umanitaria senza fini di lucro, che opera a favore delle popolazioni in pericolo, vittime di calamità naturali e di conflitti armati. INTERSOS basa la sua azione sui valori della solidarietà, della giustizia, della dignità della persona, dell'uguaglianza dei diritti e delle opportunità per tutti i popoli, del rispetto delle diversità, della convivenza, dell'attenzione ai più deboli e indifesi.