Terms of reference
Job Title: IT Assistant
Duty station: HQ Rome
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: ICT Referent
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an organization that has an intense use of IT systems in the cloud. This cloud IT infrastructure is accessed every day from the all Intersos offices. The IT systems are aimed to manage both internal processes (procurement, document archiving, recruitment, …) and project activities (case management, accountability, business intelligence). INTERSOS count around 1500 active users, 70 in the HQ in Rome. To provide support to these users is crucial such as maintain this IT infrastructure working, INTERSOS is using an internal ticketing system for managing the IT assistance request. The IT hardware bought in Rome is mainly laptop, smartphones, and IT accessories.
Main responsibilities and tasks
By using the INTERSOS ticket system to track the requests for IT assistance:
- To provide remote support to the INTERSOS staff in the field whenever there is not a dedicated IT person in the field
- To provide onsite support to the HQ staff in Rome
- To manage the IT procurement of laptops, smartphones and IT accessories for the HQ in Rome
- To support IT procurement for the field
- To maintain and fix the IT assets such as laptops, small networking devices and other IT devices in the HQ in Rome
- To configure the laptop with the INTERSOS standard configuration (Windows 10, Chrome, Office 365, Antivirus)
- To develop IT solutions (with Google Suite) for small needs such as data collection, sharing information and workflow
- To support the INTERSOS staff in using general software such as a spreadsheet, word processors, websites
Possibility of field visits for a short time period
HELPDESK: to be able to solve the main IT problem related to HW and SW for the end users
PROCUREMENT: to be able to manage an IT budget and the procurement process for IT asset and software
IT ASSET: to be able to manage and set up the basic IT HW and SW
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT: to be able to identify, develop and deploy IT solution for basic needs
Required profile and experience
- High school or degree in technical subjects
- Italian, English compulsory, French (nice to have)
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/5d1a22f871d42b000d279452/
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter via email to [email protected], with subject line: “SR-00-1101 – IT Assistant – HQ Rome”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Info su INTERSOS
INTERSOS è un’organizzazione umanitaria senza fini di lucro, che opera a favore delle popolazioni in pericolo, vittime di calamità naturali e di conflitti armati. INTERSOS basa la sua azione sui valori della solidarietà, della giustizia, della dignità della persona, dell'uguaglianza dei diritti e delle opportunità per tutti i popoli, del rispetto delle diversità, della convivenza, dell'attenzione ai più deboli e indifesi.