Terms of reference
Job Title: Finance Intern
Duty station: Italy mission (Rome)
Starting date: 01/04/2019
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Country Finance Coordinator Italy
Supervision of: /
General context of the project
The internship is in Head Quarter-Rome with eventual field missions to Palermo, Crotone, Foggia. The training will be provided on the job and through the “administrative induction” organized for the expatriate staff. The intern will work with the Country Finance Coordinator Italy, working on specific tasks in collaboration with PMs, Head of Mission and national staff.
General purpose of the position
The intern will work with the Country Finance Coordinator Italy, working on specific tasks in collaboration with PMs, Head of Mission and national staff.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- support handling the projects archive (both database and soft copy) with focus on invoices, donors’ contracts, interim and final reports;
- support to Italian accounting: through data-entry and a first approach to our accounting software NPW. The focus will be on accounting records and the link between the Italian and the foreign accounts;
- He/she will be involved in specific accounting procedure such as: overall planning of financial flows, purchase orders from HQ to the missions and the procedures to link HQ expenses and missions.
- Support to mission’s accounting by checking the information sent from the missions. The tools will be: accounting records, Journal and data on NPW;
- After a specific training it will be his/her duty to upload and check data in IMP, check budget proposals and reports for the donor.
Required profile and experience
- University Degree in relevant subject (Economics, Accountancy or Business Administration)
- Previous office experience (stage or volunteer) will be considered a plus
- Good Excel command
- Organized and precise
- Good organizational skills
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/5c89350352b7ea09a39b9c93/
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected], with subject line: “SR-01-971 Finance Intern – Italy“.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Info su INTERSOS
INTERSOS è un’organizzazione umanitaria senza fini di lucro, che opera a favore delle popolazioni in pericolo, vittime di calamità naturali e di conflitti armati. INTERSOS basa la sua azione sui valori della solidarietà, della giustizia, della dignità della persona, dell'uguaglianza dei diritti e delle opportunità per tutti i popoli, del rispetto delle diversità, della convivenza, dell'attenzione ai più deboli e indifesi.