Job Title: Country Finance Coordinator
Duty station: Nigeria
Starting date: 15/12/2018
Contract duration: 1 year (renewable)
Reporting to: Head of Mission and Regional Finance Officer
Supervision of: //
Main responsibilities and tasks
The Country Finance Coordinator is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects.
The Country Finance Officer ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures, and is responsible to:
• Ensure compliance with INTERSOS and donors’ procedures.
• Manage country and project accounting and coordinate administrative personnel.
• Assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission
• Update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota)
• Carry out a monthly update of the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer
• Provide support to the Head of Mission in drafting new projects
• Check Bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly Bank Statements and Bank reconciliations
• Check the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Manager and Head of Mission for approval (with the support of the Regional Finance Officer)
• Assume responsibility for local personnel register
• Ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and their conformity to INTERSOS and donors’ procedures
• Be responsible for mission administrative-accounting documents and all finished project Documentation (with the support and overall responsibility of the Regional Finance Officer)
Required profile and experience
Advanced university degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferable: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience at national and international level, working as admin-finance officer also in humanitarian field locations
• Proven experience with different donor finance compliance and reporting (e.g.: ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR, UNICEF)
• Good computer skills, especially MS Office / Excel
• Competencies in HR Management and team-work
Fluency in English is required. French is an asset. Knowledge of Italian and/or Arabic is desirable.
Ability to live in insecure contexts with basic living conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected] , with subject line: “SR-49-796 – Country Finance Coordinator – Nigeria”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Info su INTERSOS
INTERSOS è un’organizzazione umanitaria senza fini di lucro, che opera a favore delle popolazioni in pericolo, vittime di calamità naturali e di conflitti armati. INTERSOS basa la sua azione sui valori della solidarietà, della giustizia, della dignità della persona, dell'uguaglianza dei diritti e delle opportunità per tutti i popoli, del rispetto delle diversità, della convivenza, dell'attenzione ai più deboli e indifesi.