Job Title: Program Manager ECHO
Duty station: Ninewa Governorate
Starting date: 14/04/2019
Contract duration: 13 months
Reporting to: Program coordinator
Supervision of: 1 Medical Activity Manager and Project staff
General purpose of the position
In close collaboration with the Coordination team, define and plan project objectives and priorities, identifying humanitarian needs, analysing context and humanitarian issues at stake, risks and constraints and calculating human and financial needs.
Coordinate, in close collaboration with Head of Mission, with Program Coordinator, relevant Program Manager and Technical Coordinators (Medical and Protection) operations, strategic growth and strong external and internal representation in order to efficiently ensure the goals and improve targeted population’s conditions and humanitarian situation.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Represent INTERSOS within project limits proactively participating in relevant technical coordination meetings, cluster meetings and working groups. In close consultation with the Program Coordinator, develops institutional contacts with local government and national partners at project’s level (civil society, civil and military authorities, NGOs, non-state actors, Ministry of Health representatives, Ministry of Education, UN agencies and donors etc.) as well as with media in order to obtain all information and agreements necessary for the integration of INTERSOS ’s programmes in the local context and improve the targeted population’s awareness on them
- Supervise the political and humanitarian situation in the project’s region in order ensure that INTERSOS’s charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners
- Together with Coordination and project team, evaluate needs by identifying the population’s status, by analysing the context (environment, actors involved, negotiations for access etc.) and associated risks and constraints in order to define priorities and projects goals and to calculate material, human and financial resources needed
- Propose and carry out exploratory missions and rapid assessment related to INTERSOS strategy in the country, according to SMT directions, in order to better comprehend context, priorities, constraints and population needs and design new project proposals
- Preparing regularly update of project activities work-plan and related financial plan, ensuring timely and quality implementation in compliance with INTERSOS and donor guidelines and in line with the project and overall integrated health-protection strategy (particularly GBV-Helath)
- Steer and supervise the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes in collaboration with the team, by collecting information and comparing it with the objectives, schedule in order to monitor progression and early detect deviations and propose corrections
- Provide reporting to the SMT on project’s evolution and propose corrections if needed
- Elaborate the Project’s institutional memory, keeping written records (and file them) on its development, in order to broadcast INTERSOS achievements and improve awareness
- Monitor the risks and threats around the project(s), documenting the situation and analysing the consequences of political decisions or negotiations in course, in order to bear witness of and to render the populations’ distress public
- In coordination with the HR department and relevant Coordinators, plan and organise the organizational charts, distribute tasks and workload among the teams, guiding their comprehension of the issues linked to the Project(s) and the Mission through regular working meetings and feedback, in order to ensure an efficient deployment of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals
- Inform the field team on the instructions given by the SMT, promoting fluent, smooth written and oral communication and information flow and ensuring confidentiality and full compliance with security rules
- Supervise full implementation of safety protocols in order to ensure safe working conditions for the project staffs
- Is responsible of the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for
- Is responsible for ensuring that the project staff, with the support of key protection staff, is duly trained on INTERSOS PSEA/CP Policies and that PSEA/CP Policy roll-out is implemented in the area of responsibility
- Ensure the project’s staff respect INTERSOS rules and regulations, and adheres to INTERSOS Fundamental Charter Values and Code of Ethics, PSEA and CP Policies
- In coordination with the HR department and relevant Managers, identify training needs, building the capacity, coordinate, supervise and motivate the staffs, supports ad hoc training sessions and on-the-job training, provide individual follow up and coaching, carry out end of mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment to INTERSOS values and project’s goals
- Supervise all orders (logistical and medical) and the Project’s purchases as well as the financial indicators, in order ensure efficiency and early detect deviations and its causes
- Define and regularly update, in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Project’s security policy and strategic response to emergencies, reporting any concerning issue, in order to improve risk working conditions and to ensure staff’s full adherence to security rules and protocols.
- Manages the security in the project, ensuring that all necessary security measures are in place for the safety of INTERSOS staff and its operations
- Monitor financial supervision of expenditure
- Produce monthly internal specific report and elaborate mid-term and final report according to donors rules and regulation and INTERSOS Project Appraisal Tool, ensuring accurate data collection and timely submission
- Ensure accurate data collection and reports are submitted in a timely manner for all activities within the project
- Periodic field visit to the project locations to ensure the quality of the intervention in compliance with the internal and donors’ standard
- Guarantees close coordination and interaction with the other Program Managers and Technical coordinators deployed in the mission, in order to ensure consistency and harmonization of modalities of implementation, tools, approaches etc.
Required profile and experience
- Master degree in international development or MBA or similar
- Mastery of IT tools (MS Office package, internet, e-mail, etc.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments or equivalent studies in the framework of Health and Protection programs.
- Previous experience and/or understanding of integrated programming, as well as program approaches is an asset
- Demonstrate experience with different donors compliance and reporting
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to achieve results effectively, considering the need for speed, scale and quality
- Ability to integrate and work well within multiethnic and multicultural teams
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
- Ability to work in austere and hostile environments
- Ability to share accommodation when required
- Holder of a driving license(desirable)
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected] , with subject line: “29-936 – Program Manager ECHO – Iraq“.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Info su INTERSOS
INTERSOS è un’organizzazione umanitaria senza fini di lucro, che opera a favore delle popolazioni in pericolo, vittime di calamità naturali e di conflitti armati. INTERSOS basa la sua azione sui valori della solidarietà, della giustizia, della dignità della persona, dell'uguaglianza dei diritti e delle opportunità per tutti i popoli, del rispetto delle diversità, della convivenza, dell'attenzione ai più deboli e indifesi.