Terms of reference
Job Title: Nutrition focal point
Duty station: Bukavu, with frequent missions to 4 ZS (Sud Kivu)
Starting date: 11/03/2019
Contract duration: 8 months
Reporting to: PM
Supervision of: 20 staff
General context of the project
Intersos RDC is launching a nutrition intervention (treatment of SAM, SAM+) in 4 different territories (1 ZS / territory) in Sud Kivu.
General purpose of the position
Participates in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the project in accordance with INTERSOS protocols as well as coordinates human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by INTERSOS.
Being responsible for the coordination of medical activities and resources in the mission.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- In collaboration with the Project Manager and the rest of team defines, implements and monitors medical activities, according to INTERSOS project plans and mission strategy, standards and protocols. Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (providing technical inputs and recommendations for new and ongoing interventions in the country and defining medical operational priorities when needed) and the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors.
- In coordination with the Project Manager, establish and maintain regular and collaborative relations with relevant donors, local authorities, partners, medical actors, project stakeholders and other organizations working in the target areas
- Proactively participate in cluster meetings and relevant inter-sectoral coordination meetings at field level, contributing to the development of guidelines, standards, tools and strategies
- Responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination through a correct use of internal databases and monitoring tools in order to ensure a proper monitoring of the program
- Provide technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of INTERSOS medical activities
- Coordinate, supervise, coach, support and evaluate the medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with INTERSOS protocols and standards
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the Project Manager, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the medical staffs of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staffs capabilities
- Supervise an efficient management of the field pharmacy and medical equipment, in collaboration with the Logistics department. Monitor consumption and preparation of medical orders to provide drugs, medical materials, medical devices and consumables at all circumstances and avoid stock shortage
- In close coordination with the Project Manager and clusters, develop and establish internal and external functional and effective referral and coordination mechanisms at field level
- Implement the health policy for international and national staff, providing all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans, managing any medical evacuation in order to ensure INTERSOS staff health
- In coordination with HQ Medical Unit being the focal person to coordinate medical activities (opening and closure of mission, interim, reduced activities, etc…)
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in medicine or other paramedical studies. Desirable specialization in Tropical Medicine or a degree in Public Health
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience as Medical referent in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Demonstrate experience with different donors compliance and reporting
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic vision
- Results and quality orientation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- French. Multi-language knowledge desirable
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below: https://intersos.knack.com/imp#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/5c0980ea35cdfe11bfb30ff8/
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected] , with subject line: “SR-38-823 – Nutrition Focal Point – DRC“.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Info su INTERSOS
INTERSOS è un’organizzazione umanitaria senza fini di lucro, che opera a favore delle popolazioni in pericolo, vittime di calamità naturali e di conflitti armati. INTERSOS basa la sua azione sui valori della solidarietà, della giustizia, della dignità della persona, dell'uguaglianza dei diritti e delle opportunità per tutti i popoli, del rispetto delle diversità, della convivenza, dell'attenzione ai più deboli e indifesi.