Job Title: HR Coordinator
Duty station: 50% Kabul, 50% Kandahar
Starting date: 01/11/2018
Contract duration: 4 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: HR Manager (national)
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected. INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. INTERSOS has its main office in Kabul, and a base office in Kandahar in Southern Region.
General purpose of the position
In collaboration with the HOM contribute to the definition and implementation of the mission’s objectives and ensure the HR capacity required, sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution and active participation in order to achieve missions goals effectively, according to INTERSOS human resources vision and values.
Work in close collaboration with the HQ National HR Coordinator to supervise all the aspects of the National staffs management, the definition of policies and strategies and the development in order to build up the career strategy and possibilities of expatriation.
Work in close collaboration with the mission HR Managers ensuring that INTERSOS is a Responsible employer in the missions of the area, supporting the proper management of HR across the board and assuming full responsibility of the HR Administrative issues in the missions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Ensure INTERSOS manages the Human Resources as a Responsible Employer:
• Is responsible for all human resources management issues of the missions, ensuring they are aligned with HR policies and Responsible Employer frame
• Ensures implementation and revision of all HR Policies for international staffs adapting standard INTERSOS policies to the missions
• Works in close collaboration with the HQ National HR Coordinator to develop local policies defining or adapting INTERSOS standard policies to the missions
Analysis of Human Resources needs:
• Contributes to plan and define the Human Resources needs in coordination with the HOM (International and National) in the missions, analysing local capacities and supporting on identifying the optimum team set-up to properly achieve mission’s objectives and identifying key indicators in order to follow up the results, and revise the HR plan accordingly
• In coordination with the HOM defines HR strategies at missions level for the National staffs to ensure the missions count with the capacities and competences needed, in the short, mid and long term (recruitment, remuneration, management and learning development plans)
• Provides advices and technical expertise to the HOM and relevant Coordinators, in order to design job profiles, organizational charts and decision-making channels for international and national positions
Support to local recruitment:
• Identifies the best local sources of recruitment according to the needs and objectives of the missions as well as define recruitment strategy based on the analysis of labour market with the objective of recruiting professionals and people with potentials to develop within the missions/organization
• Supervises the HR Manager ensuring that local staffs in the missions are properly recruited and that all staffs are managed according to INTERSOS HR vision, policies and values, and provides support and technical advice to the different Coordinators in order to grant fulfilment and coherence
Management of Human Resources (International and National):
• Defines and coordinates the internal communication policy, in collaboration with all field coordination teams, organizing personnel meetings and broadcasting INTERSOS values and vision, in order to boost team building, people commitment, active participation and adherence to INTERSOS values
• Ensures systematic briefings and debriefing of all International staffs in the missions and keep regular contacts to support them
• Provides expertise to Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to manage HR (team management, conflict management, stress early detection, communication, meetings…)
• Facilitates the resolution of conflicts among missions staffs and looks for a viable solution in case a direct intervention is not possible
• Makes sure that cases linked to behavioral issues are prevented, detected and managed
• Ensures, in close collaboration with the relevant departments, that all international and internal movements in the missions are properly managed (visas, tickets, dates of arrival/departure, etc.) and ensures proper accommodation conditions (i.e. room, food, etc.) by informing all relevant people
• Supports and coach as an expert all the Coordinators in their role of people’s managers
Management of International staffs:
• Coordinates with Hr Managers and HQ HR Administration to follow up HR policies in particular Rest & Recuperation, house allowance, family benefits, staff separation clearance checklist, flight booking and leaves
• Guarantees and facilitates the participation of the first missioners to the Induction in Rome HQ or in the region
• Ensures proper end of assignment, debriefing and capitalization of experiences and shares it with HR Department of Rome HQ (pool managers) for proposals of future missions
Management of National staffs in collaboration with the HR Managers:
• Ensures alignment of mission’s objectives with HR institutional objectives beyond the missions (related with future HR capacity of the organization such as supporting development of staffs beyond missions roles, promoting spaces to train new staffs (first missions) or staffs under development plans, detachment, etc…)
• Follows the HR and Administration related issues at mission level (recruitment, management and development of teams, contracting of national and regional employees’, remuneration of local and regional staff, etc.).
• Guides and supervises the HR Manager in the local implementation of a fair rewarding policy in the missions in accordance to INTERSOS policies and local regulations checking monthly calculations of salaries and taxes, in order to ensure internal equity, adequate competitiveness and legal compliance
• Ensures a good knowledge of labour market: in terms of profiles available, level of qualifications, specificities, lead or request labour market studies and benchmarking studies
• Develops the missions mobility policy according to the needs and the context and in respect with policies and standards
Follow up of legal requirements:
• Supports the HOM and the HR Managers to comply with the HR legal requirements of the different Countries
• Supervises and manages administrative processes for all staffs and manage conflicts when they appear, in order to ensure labour legal compliance and to improve employer branding awareness
• Is responsible to make sure that Internal regulations and all HR related policies, procedures and administrative documents (i.e. employment contracts, payslip, etc.) are within the national legal framework
• Represents INTERSOS in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for HR Administration related issues
Required profile and experience
University Degree in HR management or administration related studies.
Minimum 2 years experience in Human Resources Management.
• Highly able to keep confidentiality
• Able to work independently
• Good communication and problem solving skills
• Strategic vision and planning
• People Management and Leadership
Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Ability to work and adapt in different environments.
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected] , with subject line: “SR-28-691 – HR Coordinator – Afghanistan“.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Info su INTERSOS
INTERSOS è un’organizzazione umanitaria senza fini di lucro, che opera a favore delle popolazioni in pericolo, vittime di calamità naturali e di conflitti armati. INTERSOS basa la sua azione sui valori della solidarietà, della giustizia, della dignità della persona, dell'uguaglianza dei diritti e delle opportunità per tutti i popoli, del rispetto delle diversità, della convivenza, dell'attenzione ai più deboli e indifesi.