INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Country Finance Coordinator
Duty Station: Kabul (with monthly missions to Kandahar)
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission and Regional Finance Officer
Supervision of: ACFC both in Kabul and Kandahar, HR admin
General context of the project
INTERSOS has a long standing presence and experience working in Afghanistan (since 2001) and currently has 2 operational offices: Kabul and Kandahar. INTERSOS’ humanitarian response strategy for Afghanistan is paying attention to emergency needs of the conflict-affected population, in particular IDPs, documented and undocumented returnees (from Pakistan and Iran) and vulnerable/isolated host communities. INTERSOS’ strategy is to provide for emergency response capacity in 4 main sectors: protection (including Education in Emergency), health-nutrition, livelihoods and WASH. As such INTERSOS has also ongoing multi-sector humanitarian programs (with its 4 priority sectors integrated), opting for an area- and community-based approach.
General purpose of the position
The Country Finance Officer is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures and the Regional Finance Officer’s guidelines.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- To ensure compliance with INTERSOS and donors procedures;
- To manage country and project accounting and coordinate administrative personnel;
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both, the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission;
- To update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota);
- To update monthly the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer;
- To provide support to the Head of Mission on the drafting of new projects.
- To check Bank accounts of the mission of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly Bank Statements and Bank reconciliations;
- To check the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Manager
and Head of Mission for approval (with the support of the Regional Finance Officer);
- To assume responsibility for local personnel register;
- To ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to INTERSOS and donors procedures.
- To be responsible for mission administrative-accounting documents and all finished project Documentation (with the support and overall responsibility of the Regional Finance Officer).
- To set up, organize and manage the administrative files pertaining the mission and in loco projects, based on criteria defined by the Protocols and any indications from the Regional Finance Officer;
- To check that warehouse bookkeeping and related documents are d stored and filed;
- To update inventory records pertaining INTERSOS and third-parties assets and verify the completeness of the supporting documentation;
- To provide the Regional Finance Officer with official documentation on individual projects and contracts;
- To update the list of reliable suppliers, as indicated by the Head of Mission, for subsequent use in specific procedures;
- To manage the local personnel register, subdivided by project;
- To submit to the Regional Finance Officer and the Foreign Finance Director the accounting report and the supporting documentation.
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience at national and international level working as admin-finance officer, also in humanitarian field locations.
- Strong understanding of budgeting and financial management
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, the humanitarian system and its flexibility, donors and their high demanding, security and financial management in humanitarian context
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel
- Strong representation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate experience with different donor finance compliance and reporting
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of Italian and/or Arabic (desirable)
- Ability to persuade and influence, negotiate to obtain agreement, promote ideas
- Ability to network and establish good relations with stakeholders, at all levels
- Fast learner, adapts and responds to change, tolerates ambiguity
- Demonstrated leadership and very good interpersonal/communication skills
- Able to work with People of all background and culture
- Ability to perform and assure high accuracy in work under stress
- Positive and solution oriented personality
- Commitment and Respect of local culture
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected] , with subject line: “SR- 28-377 Country Finance Coordinator – Afghanistan“.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su INTERSOS
INTERSOS è un’organizzazione umanitaria senza fini di lucro, che opera a favore delle popolazioni in pericolo, vittime di calamità naturali e di conflitti armati. INTERSOS basa la sua azione sui valori della solidarietà, della giustizia, della dignità della persona, dell'uguaglianza dei diritti e delle opportunità per tutti i popoli, del rispetto delle diversità, della convivenza, dell'attenzione ai più deboli e indifesi.