Esperienza da 4 a 6 Anni
Livello Professionale Intermedio
Causa Integrazione e Accoglienza Migranti e Rifugiati
Titolo di studio Laurea
Cesvi was the first Italian NGO to take action in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, through humanitarian projects in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania in 2011. Nowadays Cesvi is one of the best positioned NGOs in Libya, very active in the coordination of sector-specific working groups – in particular with the protection sector, Cesvi has a diverse portfolio of donors serving all vulnerable target populations. More specifically, Cesvi has been implementing programs supporting mixed migrants, IDPs and vulnerable host communities through service provision. The programs include centre-based and outreach protection activities (including child protection and GBV), warehouse management, non-food distributions, awareness-raising activities, psychosocial support, referrals to external services, cash assistance, non-formal education. At present, Cesvi implements projects funded by UN agencies and the EU in Tripoli and Misrata.
Since the end of 2018, Cesvi has been registered in Tunisia. This was initially done with scope of supporting the Libyan operations. In 2019-20 Cesvi Tunisia has started to approach relevant stakeholders, including donors and other INGOs that have a consistent and well-rooted presence in the country, in order to gain a better knowledge about the Tunisian context, identify the main gaps and funding opportunities, and map the operating organizations with the ultimate goal of starting activities in the country.
The collaboration will start in March 2021.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with regular missions to Libya (Tripoli, Misrata and Zwara) when security conditions allow it.
The HR Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM), in strong coordination with the Area Administration and the Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Ensure Cesvi internal procedures in the Country are applied and contribute to their update and improvement in collaboration with the HoM and SMT
- Supervise that staff recruitment is done according to the safe-recruiting process
- Supervise that staff contracts are defined according to the grade and level of Cesvi salary scale
- Supervise the regular compiling of attendance sheet, and supervise the update of holiday & permits follow up
- Supervise the monthly payroll
- Verify the correct allocation of staff costs
- Supervise the correct and complete archiving of HR documentation
- Supervise that contracts are regularly registered by the competent Libyan and Tunisian authorities and that taxes and social insurance are deducted and deposited according to the respective national tax regulation
- Support managers with reviewing staff workload assignments, planning and reviewing staff performance, and resolving staff compliance or performance issues
Admin. task and support of the Finance Department
- Support in the preparation of reports to Donors in relation to the HR part
- Support in the drafting of new budgets in relation the HR part
- Support in the monitoring and follow up of HR costs
- Support during the audits providing HR documentation
- Monitoring and verification of compliance with the Libyan and Tunisian legislation on HR matters
Staff capacity building & Development of Cesvi presence in the country
- Contributes to the development of the human resources strategy and supports cultural change and organisational development initiatives to foster a culture of collaboration, engagement and fidelity
- Develop both a talent attraction and retention strategy in line with internal recruitment needs
- Support the SMT to train employees on all organizational policies and procedures that govern their work
- Advice managers on HR issues, including job design, workload assessments, staff training development, and staff planning
- Participation in sectorial HR and admin clusters, sharing periodical update with SMT
- Contribute to Cesvi’s strategy on the field
- In coordination with the SMT and the HQ, contribution to donors’ relations and promotion, capacity building & retention of staff
- In coordination with the SMT, support the safeguarding focal point to ensure compliance with Cesvi Safeguarding Policies and full implementation of Safeguarding measures within his/her area of responsibility;
- Local mapping on legal, social
- University degree in Human Resources, Psychology, International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, humanitarian assistance, social work.
- Solid experience in HR and admin management (over 5 years)
- HR staff management of national staff in challenging environments with big size teams
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
- Patience and understanding to work with and develop capacity of national staff
- Experience delivering deliverables to tight deadlines
- Good computer and IT skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated location with ever changing security scenarios
- Solid capacity in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, networking.
- Proactive and flexible approach in dealing with staff issues
- Positive thinking and solution-oriented mind-set
- Prior professional experience in security-sensitive environments
- Experience in talent sourcing and employer branding within an INGO
- Knowledge of Arabic
- Knowledge of French
- Understanding of the labour Law in Libya and/or Tunisia
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.