Manager of the Advocacy and Communication Team managing, leading and guiding staff, as well providing leadership on advocacy and communication strategies to promote the Partnership’s objectives at the political and decision-making levels. The Manager will work with partners, donors, and key influencers in order to achieve the objectives of the current and future operational strategy.
The purpose of the Partnership advocacy work is to engender political and financial commitment to end discriminatory acts on the ground of religion, sexual orientation, age and disabilities, focusing on islamophobia as a EU Social problem.
Area/department: International Unit
Work location: Milan – FADV Headquarters
Role duration: 12 months, part-time
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead project Partnership’s work on European advocacy and communication, ensuring that all opportunities are optimally utilized to build high-level political commitment at EU level;
- advise partners in the development of advocacy proposals and strategic activities to ensure that these meet the requirements of high level stakeholders, political and decision-making bodies;
- ensure effective communication between all stakeholders and provide guidance on advocacy and communication related follow up actions
cooperate with European networks in engaging key actors;
- work in partnership with the Communication Agency for designing and managing the raising awareness campaign;
- lead and supervise raising awareness campaign at European level;
- manage and update the website and other social media channels of the project;
- collaborate on strengthening the advocacy strategy of the Organization.
Education & training:
- University degree or equivalent in Law, Migration, Sociology, International Relations.
- A minimum of three years of work in promoting advocacy campaign in EU funded projects;
- demonstrates very good understanding of and experience in communications and outreach/advocacy;
- professional experience in planning and supervising communication plan and communication actions.
Skills & knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge of the European policy context regarding discrimination and xenophobia prevention, migration and gender discrimination;
- excellent communication skills: communicates sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies;
- advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office package (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- excellent organizational skills
- proven networking skills, and ability to generate interest in the topic of the advocacy campaign;
- awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues and islamophobia;
- advanced knowledge of English and French language (written and spoken).
- Good team worker and facilitator;
- decision-making and problem-solving capability;
- stakeholder engagement.
- Commitment to Fondazione L’Albero della Vita’s mission and Fundamental Principles and act with integrity and in accordance with its child protection policy;
- ability to work under pressure and handle stress effectively;
- ability to meet pressing deadlines.
Info su Fondazione L'Albero della Vita onlus
L’Albero della Vita opera in Italia e a livello internazionale con bambini a rischio di povertà ed esclusione sociale, con bisogni cura e di protezione, con l’obiettivo di assicurare a loro, alle loro famiglie e alle comunità di appartenenza maggiore benessere, l’accesso ai diritti fondamentali e percorsi di sviluppo.
Lavoriamo nelle aree più remote per offrire alle comunità delle opportunità di sviluppo a partire dalle risorse del territorio, contrastando gli effetti del cambiamento climatico; nelle aree urbane più povere con l’obiettivo di tutelare i minori vulnerabili e la salute materno/infantile e fornire opportunità educative.
I Suoi dati personali
Fondazione L’Albero della Vita, Titolare del trattamento, con sede legale in Via Vittor Pisani 13, 20124 Milano, utilizza i dati che la riguardano esclusivamente per lo svolgimento dell'attività di ricerca, selezione e valutazione del Personale. I Suoi dati non saranno comunicati a terzi e, in caso di mancata assunzione, saranno conservati per un periodo massimo di 6 mesi salvo Sua richiesta di cancellazione anticipata (opt-out). Per informazioni dettagliate, anche in ordine al Suo diritto di accesso agli altri Suoi diritti, può contattare il nostro RPD al seguente indirizzo email [email protected] L’Informativa completa aggiornata è disponibile sul sito www.alberodellavita.org
Fondazione L’Albero della vita onlus, Data Controller, with registered office in Via Vittor Pisani 13, 20124 Milan, uses the data concerning it exclusively for carrying out the research, selection and evaluation of personnel. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties and, in case of non-acceptance, will be kept for a maximum period of 6 months, subject to your request for early cancellation (opt-out). For detailed information, also with regard to your right to access your other rights, you can contact our DPO at the following email address [email protected] The complete updated information is available on the website www.alberodellavita.org