We are Fondazione Piero e Lucille Corti, www.fondazionecorti.it, an Italian ONLUS (NGO for Uganda) and we are looking for a candidate to the position of
Accounting and Administration Manager
for the St. Mary’s Hospital Lacor (LH), Gulu (Uganda)
Lacor Hospital has about 250,000 patients a year, schools (about 750 students, out of which 500 students reside in the Hospital), a logistic office in Kampala, residences for about 300 employees in the Hospital with their families. It has about 700 employees total.
The candidate will be employed by Fondazione Corti with an Italian contract and deployed to Lacor Hospital as Accounting and Administrative Manager in the framework of the Foundation’s technical assistance to lacor Hospital.
The place of work will be Lacor Hospital and full time residence in the Hospital is required.
Contract conditions will be defined depending on candidate experience and adequate training and probation period on the job (6 months) is forecasted.
The Accounting and Administration Manager reports to the Institutional Director of the Hospital and shall be in charge of the following Hospital departments: Accounting, Finance and Administration; Procurement and Stores (in collaboration with the Technical Dept.), Personnel office as far as calculation and payment of salaries is concerned; security. The Staff of the Administration is composed by approximately 50 people, with 6 middle managers as direct reports. The accounting software of the Hospital is Microsoft Navision.
- a degree in accounting, management or equivalent,
- at least 4 years of experience in accrual accounting held with an accounting software, and
- in the preparation of an externally audited end of the year Financial Report.
It is preferable
- to be competent in International Accounting Standards,
- to have some experience in cost analysis by cost centres or projects and
- to have experience in procurement and managing stores.
It is mandatory
- to have a very good knowledge of English,
- to have at least a 2 years’ experience in managing a team and a proven experience in the use of Microsoft Excel and “pivot tables”.
As regards aptitudes and managing styles it is necessary
- to behave highly ethically,
- to always keep calm and a polite approach even in stressful situations, an hands-on aptitude,
- be capable of leading by example, reinforce team building through regular general and specific area meetings.
It is further necessary
- to have the ability to adapt to different cultures and habits, showing a high respect for people, but at the same time pursuing the objective of consolidating and improving the Hospital administrative management.
To apply to the opportunity send your cv, letter of motivation with your salary level to [email protected]
Info su FONDAZIONE CORTI
Founded in 1993, our purpose is to support and assist St. Mary’s Hospital Lacor, located in Gulu, northern Uganda.
In 1993, the Fondazione Corti was founded in Milan. The Foundation is not-for-profit and its purpose is to support the St. Mary’s Hospital Lacor in Gulu, Uganda, both financially and with technical-logistical assistance. The Foundation was created through the will of physicians Piero Corti e Lucille Teasdale, who through 40 years of work managed and developed the hospital, transforming it from a small missionary hospital into the largest not-for-profit hospital in equatorial Africa.
Today the Foundation is the Hospital’s biggest supporter. Guiding the work is Piero and Lucille’s daughter, Dominique, whose ongoing search for funds, goods, and skills continues to make possible the objective to which her parents dedicated their entire lives: Giving the people of Uganda a universally accessible hospital and the ability to build their own tomorrow.