Esperienza da 4 a 6 Anni
Titolo di studio Laurea
The International Institute of Humanitarian Law, Sanremo (Italy) calls for applications to the newly created position of Finance Officer.
Applications must be submitted by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “VACANCY: FINANCE OFFICER”.
The email should include the following:
- Letter expressing interest in the position and outlining reasons why the application should be selected;
- Updated Curriculum Vitae, including three references.
Application deadline: 3 March 2021.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar. Specialization or Advanced Degree in Finance or similar;
- Minimum of five years of experience in financial management, monitoring and reporting. Experience with United Nations or non-governmental organizations, an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in working with financial and tax regulations in Italy;
- Experience in management of ERP systems;
- Experience in management of funds from donors, including project proposals, financial monitoring and reporting;
- Experience in vendor and procurement management;
- Experience in outlining/developing risk management processes;
- Experience in preparing reports for auditors of large international organizations, an important asset;
- Fluent in English and Italian both written and verbal (other UN languages an asset).
The incumbent will work for the International Institute of Humanitarian Law under a fixed-term contract, from end of March/beginning of April 2021 to 31 December 2021. Subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance, the contract can be extended. The incumbent can perform daily work remotely, but it is expected for her/him to travel to Sanremo and Geneva upon request of the Secretary-General and the Director of the Department.
Terms of Reference
Under the general supervision of the Secretary-General, and of the Director of the Department of International Refugee Law and Migration Law on specific tasks under the Department, the incumbent will be assigned, but not limited to, the following main activities:
- Manage the budget, banking, accounting using the new online ERP system;
- Review, arrange payment and record all the expenditure’s vouchers in accordance with financial regulations of the Institute
- Ensure sound cash-flow management and funds availability for programme and activity implementation based on approved work plan and budget;
- Assist in administering, controlling the disbursement of funds within the approved budgetary allocations, in accordance with established regulations and procedures and within the established delegation of authorities;
- Provide necessary financial data and information for financial reporting, audit and risk management processes in coordination with Programme Officer;
- Set up the vendor management system and keep it updated;
- Set up the asset management system and keeping it updated;
- Give necessary inputs during the customization and set up of new online ERP system, on financial management, vendor management and asset management;
- Prepare procurement plan, draft TOR, bidding documents for procurement
- Carry out procedures regarding procurement, bid evaluation and selection in accordance with the Institute’s SOP
- Update the existing Standard Operating Procedure on Financial Management, procurement management and asset management;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by the Director and specific supervision by the Secretary-General.