TYPE OF CONTRACT: Paid – 6 months
The Salam Centre Hospital IT System Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the system’s hardware and software and related infrastructure both in the hospital and in the guest house. (S)He is involved in technical research and development to guarantee continuous innovation within the infrastructure.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The Salam Centre for Cardiac Surgery, located in the Sudanese capital Khartoum, offers high-standard surgical care to children and adults suffering from acquired or congenital heart diseases
Due to the high standards of the hospital, there is a fully equipped LAN made of firewalls, servers, clients, switches and other network devices (including specific medical systems). The Hospital IT System Administrator is in charge of the teaching and supervision of the local IT Staff.
(S)He is responsible to the Hospital Manager and to the IT Field Operations Department based in Milan.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the Hospital IT System Administrator will be:
- managing the infrastructure, including firewalls, switches, databases, voip, malware protection software and other processes;
- monitoring the system daily and responding immediately to security or usability concerns;
- collecting needs/requests and proposing solutions;
- upgrading systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution;
- creating and verifying backups of data and disaster recovery procedures;
- managing the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems;
- responding to the help desk requests and solving them;
- installing and testing computer-related equipment;
- supervising and teaching the IT national staff.
- knowledge of Active Directory and management of windows domains;
- management of network devices and protocols and their security appliances;
- knowledge of Vlans and VOIP technologies;
- knowledge of virtualized environments;
- knowledge and management of Windows servers and client environments;
- knowledge of main Office Automation and collaboration solutions;
- fluency in English
- Maintenance and management of Apache Tomcat Servlet;
- Maintenance and management of Mysql (RDBMS);
- Previous experience in this role in hospital environments.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator.
- a monthly salary based on a standardised salary scale for the role;
- travel expenses, lodging, insurance cover (liability, health and accident insurance);
- a period of paid leave (20 days) to be taken at the end of the mission.