EMERGENCY is looking for an English native speaker Intern to support the International Digital Communication Department. The position requires a dynamic, proactive and creative candidate. Flexibility and an ability to multitask are also essential. Important features of the position include: international-focused approach; openness, good interpersonal skills; ability to work to deadlines and support the department in delivering high level digital communication materials in line with the NGO’s core marketing strategy. The position will play a key role in the close-knit team, and work with the International Network of affiliates within the NGO in order to spread the message about EMERGENCY’s work internationally.
The position has a dual reporting line to the Head of Digital Communication Department and the International Network Manager. The location of the position is the EMERGENCY head office in Milan.
- Work closely with the Digital Communications Department and the International Coordination Unit to research and develop communications materials to be used on an international level;
- Facilitate and support the communications streams between international offices and the Head Office;
- Dissemination of communication materials and updates from Head Office to international offices;
- Monitoring and reporting on the international offices’ communications actions on digital channels;
- Provide support in using digital communications platforms and tools for the international offices.
- Native speaker level of English and very good knowledge of Italian;
- Excellent writing skills in English and Italian;
- Excellent understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Experience with other platforms will be considered a plus;
- Knowledge of Email Marketing Platforms;
- Knowledge of website administration using CMS. Knowledge of WordPress is a plus.
EDUCATION AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Education background in communications, digital marketing, or related fields.
The successful candidate will be offered a six-month internship in respect of the safeguards provided by law.
The deadline for the application is: Friday, 7 June 2019.
Planned start date of the Internship is: Monday, 5 August 2019.