ABOUT EMERGENCY NGO
EMERGENCY is an independent and neutral humanitarian non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in Italy in 1994 to provide free-of-charge, high quality medical and surgical care in countries affected by war and poverty. EMERGENCY runs over 60 hospitals, clinics and first aid posts around the world. The main office is located in Milan, Italy and the International network comprises country offices in Switzerland, UK, USA, and several volunteers groups.
ABOUT THE JOB
EMERGENCY is looking for an Intern to support the Digital Communication Department. The position requires a dynamic, proactive and creative candidate. Flexibility and an ability to multitask are also essential. Important features of the position include: international-focused approach; openness, good interpersonal skills; ability to work to deadlines and support the department in delivering high level digital communication materials in line with the NGO’s core marketing strategy. The position will play a key role in the close-knit team, and work with the International Network of affiliates within the NGO in order to spread the message about EMERGENCY’s work internationally.
The position has a dual reporting line to the Head of Digital Communication Department and the International Network Manager.
The location of the position is the EMERGENCY head office in Milan.
- Work closely with the Head of the Digital Communications Department and the International Network Manager to research and develop communications materials to be used on an international level;
- Facilitate and support the coordination of communications between international offices and the Head Office;
- Dissemination of communication materials and updates from Head Office to international offices;
- Monitoring and reporting on the international offices’ communications actions on digital channels;
- Provide support in using digital communications platforms and tools for the international offices;
- Native speaker level of English and very good knowledge of Italian;
- Excellent writing skills in English and Italian;
- Excellent understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Experience with other platforms will be considered a plus;
- Knowledge of Email Marketing Platforms;
- Knowledge of photo and video editing tools;
- Knowledge of website administration using CMS. Knowledge of WordPress is a plus.
Education and previous experience
- Education background in communications, marketing, or related fields.
The successful candidate will be offered a six-month internship in respect of the safeguards provided by law.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to: [email protected]
The deadline for the application is: Friday, 23 March 2018.
Planned start date of the Internship is: Monday, 16 April 2018.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.