Esperienza da 1 a 3 Anni
Livello Professionale Intermedio
Causa Salute, sanità e ricerca medica
Titolo di studio Laurea
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Doctor Mobile medical unit
Duty station: Foggia
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: until 20 April, renewable
Reporting to: Project manager
Supervision of: Staff Mobile Medical Unit 2
Dependents: Non-family Duty Station /non-accompanied
General context of the project
INTERSOS’ Migration Unit is operative in Europe with two Mobile Medical Units (MMU), providing Primary Health Care in condition of need, with two main aims: ensure health coverage to patients without proper access to local health services (migrants on the move, not integrated migrants, seasonal workers, marginalised individuals or communities) and catalyse better and more inclusive approaches by the Local Agencies for Health with a strong local institutional advocacy and a widespread grassroots movements networking.
In Foggia’s province, up to 6.500 migrants each year are exploited in agricultural seasonal work, being inhumanly, illegally treated, underpaid and living in dramatic conditions in shanty towns, occupied buildings and factories.
Due to the Emergency COVID-19 related, one more Mobile Medical Unit will be activated. The project will provide COVID-19 prevention, pre-triage, identification of cases in the most exposed areas, When decided by mobile units doctors, supporting in providing PHC (Primary Health Care) and awareness raising on socio-sanitary rights and health promotion, will be provided.
General purpose of the position
Ensure the delivery of quality COVID-19, medical care for patients and their communities and improve the health security and global health conditions of the targeted population.
Implementation of an effective pre-triage system, in co-operation with the Community.
Providing PHC in autonomy on MMU 2, supporting Public Health expert and European region medical referent in assessing project’s impact, in developing the operative network, in promoting health and awareness on health
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Provides PHC, prevention and pretriage in autonomy on MMU 2 (Mobile Medical Unit ) supported by two cultural mediators,rising awareness, decreasing COVID-19 risk, with a careful attention on the criticalities in the area, complying with project’s security recommendations (i.e. CPP, SoPs), is responsible for MMU, its equipment and medical stock;
- Act a referral on vulnerable cases, with particular attention to women and minors in need;
- Provides health promotion as evaluated in teamwork;
- Ensure the effectiveness of patients referral to social and medical service. In case of highly vulnerable patients, company to medical services.
- Helps in establishing higher standards of assistance in “hard to reach” population related to general medical assistance and COVID-19 emergency, acting with politeness and keeping harmony between operative partners:
- Participates in assigned activities planning, implementation, and reporting; participates in the collection of medical information (reports, articles, meetings) and data (statistics, epidemiological data);
- Locally represents INTERSOS when on duty;
- On the request of the Project Manager , carries out extra tasks (Participation in medical assessments, reinforcement for another field team, project evaluation);
- Assumes the duty of protecting confidential information about the beneficiaries to ensure professional confidentiality, and to keep INTERSOS documents as internal and confidential.
Required profile and experience
- Italian medicine degree
- Working experience in Primary Health Care, 2 years desirable;
- Working experience with asylum seekers and migrants on the move;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel
- Experience and knowledge of the running health care system
- Good English and French
- Maximum flexibility
- Commitment, intercultural sensitivity,
- Stress Management
- Driving license B and ability to drive van and caravans
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-01-1798 – Doctor Mobile medical unit”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.