Esperienza da 1 a 3 Anni
Livello Professionale Intermedio
Causa Cooperazione internazionaleEmergenze, catastrofi e Protezione civileIntegrazione e Accoglienza Migranti e Rifugiati
Titolo di studio Laurea
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. We work in over 70 countries, offering assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
In 2020 MSF OCB has handed over the responsibility for the implementation of their Operations in Italy to MSF Italy, with the mandate to focus on Migration issues and to respond to the Covid-19 emergency.
Within the areas of potential intervention, MSF Italy has identified operational needs in Rome with a focus on the marginalized migrant women in informal settlements, and in Palermo metropolitan area with a focus on migrants, victims of intentional violence (ViV). For the Covid emergency, projects have been opened in Lombardy, Lazio, Marche and needs assessments are ongoing on other regions.
The Deputy Medical Programmes Coordinator is part of the Programmes Department of MSF Italy, working specifically on humanitarian initiatives held by MSF Italy.
Scope, reporting and accountability lines
Reporting to the Medical Programmes Coordinator, the Deputy Medical Programmes Coordinator (DMPC) is responsible for the implementation of the medical strategies of the operations in Italy, following MSF ethics and values, health policies, protocols and operational plan.
With the support of the other medical and technical profiles in the Medical Unit, the DMPC contributes to the design and the definition of the medical strategies as well as in the preparation of medical dossiers and researches. Moreover S/he is responsible for the direct supervision of the medical activities in the operations in Italy.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
S/he is responsible for coordinating the implementation of the medical strategies, supervising the medical activities and resources of the operations in Italy.
S/he is responsible to guarantee the appropriate implementation and the management of medical aspects of MSF operations in the country, contributing to the overall achievement of the objectives set.
Moreover, through his/her direct involvement as well as in collaboration with other colleagues in the Medical Team, s/he is responsible to:
- Support the Medical Coordinator in the design and planning of the medical strategies as well as in the preparation of medical dossiers and researches protocols review.
- Network with the Technical Medical Referents in Brussels in order to ensure the direct support with the operations.
- Ensure the networking with the civil society and to support MSF volunteers medical activities.
- Contribute, in a collaborative approach with other departments, in coordination with the Medical Programmes Coordinator and based on field needs, s to stimulate and guide debates and exchanges on medical matters with the ambition of having a “movement perspective” on specific topics.
- Within the projects coach and facilitate the identification of unmet medical needs and to ensure adequate medical assistance to the beneficiary population, supporting the medical staff in the implementation of the medical activities.
- Ensure that security related to medical issues is guaranteed to the highest possible level, by guaranteeing the respect of the Italian law and by implementing relevant MSF policies, protocols and procedures.
- Contribute to the proper induction and follow up of all staff, ensuring that medical briefings and debriefings are done to all MSF field staff working in Italy.
- Contribute to medical trainings and briefing to volunteers when needed, providing medical information in reference to the public awareness and engagement Local groups activities.
Profile and qualifications:
- Essential at least 2 years’ MSF experience in similar jobs.
- Essential degree on medicine or nursing.
- Experience in Public Health. Training tropical medicine will be an asset.
- Fluency in Italian and English
- Computer literacy
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Knowledge of medical strategy’s implementation, projects monitoring and assessment tools
- Knowledge of research methodologies and data management
- Analytical thinking and strategical vision
- Planning and organizing
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Stress management
- Cross cultural awareness
- Networking and building relationships