Sector: Grant Management
Role: Grants Manager
Location: Mozambique – Quelimane
Starting date: 12/11/2018
Length of contract: 1 year extendable
Deadline for applications: 10/11/2018
Objective of the position:
Reporting to COSV Mozambique Program Coordinator, the Grants Manager ensures planning and implementing grant programs from its application to approval and utilization. He/she will work in partnership with Sectors’ Coordinators and Program Administrator.
Description of the role:
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization;
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities;
- Oversee if Sectors’ Coordinators are complying with their job responsibilities;
- Oversee the job of accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process;
- Prepare financial plans and allocation along with Sectors’ Coordinators and Program Administrator in accordance with each requirement;
- Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants;
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements;
- Check and update field offices and grants’ inventories, planning and supervising the needed maintenance;
- Coordinate the provincial local staff (technical and logistic) monthly operation plans, in coordination with Sector Coordinators
Essential competency and experience requirements:
- Educated in relevant discipline (Economics/International Projects Management)
- At least 3 years of experience in project management in international cooperation
- Knowledge of donors procedures (European Union, AICS are a plus)
- Written and verbal English, and Portuguese or Italian
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to prioritize and deliver results on time
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and quick to learn
- Office management and organizational skills
To apply, please send an updated cv with references to: [email protected]. Please specify in the object: Moz/Grants Officer/JG.
Applications can be sent up to November 10th, 2018.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. COSV can ask candidates to attend more than one interview, costs to attend the interviews are not refunded by the organization.
Info su COSV - Coordinamento delle Organizzazioni per il Servizio Volontario
COSV is a non-profit association with legal personality, founded in 1968, engaged in development and humanitarian aid interventions in Europe, Balkans, Southern Africa and Middle East.
We operate for peace, human rights respect and environment protection, through inclusive development paths, built basing on partnership and networking approach, that enhance local realities.