Sector: Grant Management
Role: Operation Officer
Location: Mozambique – Maputo/Quelimane
Starting date: 01/10/2018
Length of contract: 1 year extendable
Deadline for applications: 21/09/2018
Objective of the position:
Reporting to COSV Mozambique Program Coordinator, the Operation Officer ensures the correct grants management of COSV projects, in partnership with the Sectors’ Coordinators, and organize the operations for the field offices.
Description of the role:
- Organize Sectors’ Coordinators, Operational and Financial Plans as per grants;
- Complete the procurement procedures for grants active;
- Supervise the correctness of grants procedures managed by Sectoral Coordinators;
- Draw up local contracts with goods and service supplier;
- Manage the grants archives;
- Check the monthly proper eligibility and allocation of expenses;
- Guarantee the delivery to Maputo Office of monthly updates (documents and accounting) and information matching;
- Check and update field offices and grants’ inventories, planning and supervising the needed maintenance;
- Coordinate the provincial local staff (technical and logistic) monthly operation plans, in coordination with Sector Coordinators
Essential competency and experience requirements:
- Educated in relevant discipline (Economics/International Projects Management)
- At least 3 years of experience in project management in international cooperation
- Knowledge of donors procedures (European Union, AICS are a plus)
- Written and verbal English, and Portuguese or Italian
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to prioritize and deliver results on time
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and quick to learn
- Office management and organizational skills
To apply, please send an updated cv with references to: [email protected]. Please specify in the object: Moz/Operation Officer/JG.
Applications can be sent up to September 21th, 2018. In the even that the ideal candidate will be identified and selected before the deadline for applications, the selection process will be closed beforehand.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. COSV can ask candidates to attend more than one interview, costs to attend the interviews are not refunded by the organization.
Info su COSV - Coordinamento delle Organizzazioni per il Servizio Volontario
COSV is a non-profit association with legal personality, founded in 1968, engaged in development and humanitarian aid interventions in Europe, Balkans, Southern Africa and Middle East.
We operate for peace, human rights respect and environment protection, through inclusive development paths, built basing on partnership and networking approach, that enhance local realities.