COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
COOPI in Syria
After 7 years of conflict, the security and humanitarian situation in Syria has become worse and worse. The conflict has caused significant internal displacement and a massive damage to homes, schools, hospitals and many other infrastructures, leaving millions of people in need of assistance. Among the most relevant figures to represent the concerns, the following ones are encountered: 13.1mln of persons in need; 5,6mln in acute need; 8.2mln of persons at risk of incurring in explosive hazards; 6,5mln of persons are food insecure, 30% of children out of school; 5,6mln refugees; 6,1mln Internally Displaced Persons.
COOPI is active with its humanitarian action in Syria (Damascus) since January 2017 with a Food Security/Livelihood project in Rural Damascus (Qtana) and it’s strengthening its presence with PSS services and Food Security in Rural Damascus, Aleppo and Eastern Ghouta.
This position is linked to a Food Security and Livelihood project financed by ECHO (subject to final approval). The project will be implemented by an integrated approach, which includes WASH, PSS and awareness activities, and it will target the people in need in the Eastern Ghouta region.
The Project Assistant will provide technical and grant management support to the implementation of a the Food Security and Livelihood (with integrated approach) in Eastern Ghouta. Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and in coordination with the Regional Area Manager, the Project Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- In cooperation with the project staff and under the supervision of the Project Manager, he/she plans and monitors the activities’ progress, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor and with COOPI’s policies and procedures.
- She/he supports the implementation of baseline survey and data entry, and assist in design of project activities in line with agreed workplan.
- Supporting the Project Manager and liaise with COOPI Technical focal point during the preparation of interim and final narrative report. Keep records of activities, and report regularly as requested on programme progress and ensure that output data and reports are shared with the supervisor timely.
- Regularly review COOPI technical briefs, guidelines and internal processes and their adequacy to donors’ compliance requirements
- Whenever relevant, attend donor and partners meetings/visits, record and disseminate the information shared;
- Provide support in the review of donor contracts to the Project Manager during contract execution;
- Upon request by his/her direct supervisor, he/she elaborates, writes and prepares all necessary documents to present new projects, in accordance with the organization’s processes, procedures and policies, to donors such as UN agencies (specifically OCHA, UNHCR, WFP), ECHO and AICS.
- Assist the country coordination team during representation activities as necessary.
- Any other duties and tasks assigned by supervisor.
- 1 year experience in the humanitarian field as project assistant or in a similar position.
- Good Knowledge of main donor regulations and priorities. Knowledge of COOPI’s procedures and policies is an asset.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Strong knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience developing communication materials
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
ATTENTION: this position is subject to the approval of the grant by ECHO and to visa issuing
Info su COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
COOPI è un’organizzazione non governativa italiana, fondata a Milano il 15 aprile 1965, da padre Vincenzo Barbieri.
Da 50 anni ci impegniamo a rompere il ciclo delle povertà e ad accompagnare le popolazioni colpite da guerre, crisi socio-economiche o calamità naturali, verso la ripresa e lo sviluppo duraturo, avvalendoci della professionalità di operatori locali e internazionali e del partenariato con soggetti pubblici, privati e della società civile.
Oggi siamo presenti in 24 paesi di Africa, Medio Oriente, America Latina e Caraibi, con 150 progetti umanitari che raggiungono quasi 2.400.000 persone. Dal 2006 assicuriamo con il Sostegno a distanza cibo, istruzione, salute e protezione a migliaia di bambini in 8 Paesi.
Dal 1965 ad oggi abbiamo aiutato 100 milioni di persone, con 1.600 progetti in 63 Paesi, impiegando 4.500 operatori espatriati e 55.000 operatori locali.