CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, specialized in health-related projects’ implementation, either in humanitarian and development contexts. CCM has conducted several interventions in South Sudan since 1983, supporting local health institutions to manage Hospitals, Primary Health Care Centers (PHCCs) and Primary Health Care Units (PHCUs) in 2 counties of Greater Tonj State and 1 hospital in Twic State, in order to improve primary health care services and contribute to meet the MoH priority targets, according to the national health strategies.
Additionally, the current political situation of South Sudan has recently determined a high number of IDPs and refugees. CCM is committed to (i) ensure the emergency response to the current humanitarian crisis; and (ii) preserve the already fragile health system from a possible deterioration and collapse due to the humanitarian crisis. For further information on the organization, please visit the website at www.ccm-italia.org
Location: Juba. Expected regular monitoring missions in the country
Contract duration: 1 year renewal based on results
Starting day: 15th of October 2018
Closing date for applications: 31st August 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
Aims and general characteristics
- The Country Procurement and Logistic Coordinator (CPLC) implements the procurement and logistic processes for the Organization in the Country, collaborating effectively with the Program Coordinators, the Administration and all logistic staff. The CPLC reports directly to the Country Administrator (CA).
- The CPLC coordinates and supervises directly the logistic staff members based at Juba office
- The CPLC is also in charge of team/individual capacity building of logistics staff members through specific training in stock management, fleet management and basic vehicle maintenance.
- The CPLC is based at Juba office. Expected frequent missions to the field
As Country Procurement
- Ensures a proper CCM and Donors procurement procedures’ implementation, from purchasing form to selection of suppliers.
- Supports the Project Coordinator to prepare quarterly procurement plans from all budgets, and consolidate them in overall plan for CCM.
- According to the HQ authorized operational and financial plans, supports the Project Coordinators and Officers to prepare purchasing requisitions and tender dossiers timely. Also dispatches them to the potential suppliers following the technical requirements and procurement terms and conditions
- Keeps updated the list of suppliers for goods and services required by the organisation based on performances quality delivered
- Supports the Project Coordinators and the Office Managers to write contracts with suppliers in order to protect CCM interests and position, and to negotiate the best value for money
- Undertakes market surveys on a regular base to obtain prices and competitive costs for service
- Ensures to support the Project Coordinators in new suppliers’ research
Drivers and Vehicles
- Plans and monitors the vehicles fleet, ensuring optimal use, in coordination with Project Coordinators and the Country Representative.
- Supervises maintenance and repair vehicles in the country HQ and on the field
- Supervises requested reports (logbook with kilometric analysis, costs of maintenance, cost per km, etc…)
- Ensures National Laws regarding vehicles’ use has been respected
- Customs clearance and shipment of goods to and from the country
- Organises air and land shipment to all locations as requested by Country Representative and Project Coordinators
- Prepares documents needed for shipment and delivery (packing list, waybills, delivery notes, goods receiving notes, customs notes)
- Organises and follows-up shipment
- Oversees custom clearance
Management of warehouses, facilities and appliances
- Manages facilities and appliances at Juba CCM office
- Ensures all devices (e.g. phones, radios, e-mail etc.) are working properly to unsure the communication system, respecting also radio license regulation.
- Supervises and supports staff members on facilities and appliances management (e.g. providing information on maintenance)
- Manages warehouses with the fully logistics staff members collaboration
- Prepares accurate and up-to-date inventories of all CCM equipment and goods at Juba office according to the procedures and requirements set by the
- Administration Department (both for internal and for donor use).
- Ensures quality checks and control on all items/services purchase by CCM SS.
- Assurances the safety of goods and properties belonged to CCM at local HQ and adopts the procedures defined for the different places and projects
- Supports staff members buildings’ supervision
- Coordinates and ensures the maintenance and repair of all generators, communication equipment and IT equipment
- Supervises and manages operators, logistic personnel in the Country HQ, and on the field including regular visits
- Monitors staff members tasks and duties
- Organises regular meetings.
- Organises and coordinates staff members transportation in the Country for work and R&R/leaving purposes
- Maintains documents concerning logistical matters well filed
- Verifies and improves logistics and procurement procedures in the Country in cooperation with the HQs (tools, information systems, etc.)
- In collaboration with CA and Country Rep., ensures the security guidelines are set up and regularly updated
- Responds for every logistical aspects regarding the security management (fences, vehicles, security training/brief of staff, guards and security services)
- Is available to offer support during deadlines and critical assignments, when requested by the management and CA.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in Procurement and Logistics sector, within minimum two years as Coordinator
- Solid experience with large program operations
- Proven effectiveness in developing logistics policies, procedures and new programs
- Strong goal-oriented mind
- Excellent abilities to plan, organize and coordinate your tasks with positive and proactive attitude
- Proven abilities to work under pressure, in remote areas and long hours, when requested
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent in timekeeping, meeting deadlines and working with
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Relevant academic background: Logistics, Procurement, or similar studies
- Experience in low security countries/areas
- Legal background for the writing of contracts
- Knowledge of Italian
How to apply
Please, email your resume with references ‘details (max 3 pages) and your motivation letter (max 1 page) to [email protected]
Please, to help the HR office to consider your application properly, specify in the email subject the vacancy title as follow Country_Procurement_Logistics_Coordinator_SS
Please, note every resume will be evaluated and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.