CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, specialized in the implementation of health-related projects in both humanitarian and development contexts.
Over the past years, CCM has been engaged in Liben Zone of Somali Region of Ethiopia, partnering local authorities to enhance primary health care services, with particular focus on Mother and Child Health (MCH). In January 2016, a 3-year initiative funded by the Italian Development Cooperation has been started, aiming at improving maternal and child health services and reproductive health services in Liben Zone (specifically in Filtu and Dekasuftu districts), by (i) supporting Primary Health Care Services in the catchment area and (ii) engaging local communities in the promotion of health seeking behaviors and in the dissemination of health and hygiene-related best practices. Health Facilities have been adequately supplied and supervised and health staff trained in order children and women in reproductive age to have the opportunity to access quality care even in remote areas.
Community dialogue has been promoted through empowering community groups and women’s associations and through stimulating peer-to-peer education. Targeted messages for dissemination through local media will be developed to reach out isolated communities. The main project partner are Woreda Health Offices (WoHO) of Filtu and Dekasuftu, which proactive involvement in the project planning, implementation and supervision is key to sustainability purposes.
Location: Filtu Woreda (Somali Region, Ethiopia). Frequent missions to CCM office in Addis Abeba
Duration: until end of April 2019 with possible extension until end of June 2019
Starting date: ASAP
Benefit included Accommodation; medical insurance.
Closing date: 31st August 2018
- (S)he is in charge of implementing Project’s Activities, working also on financial accounting
- (S)he responds to the Country Representative.
- (S)he collaborate with the Desk Officer (based at the HQ Office) on monitoring the project, planning activities and budgeting.
- (S)he represents CCM to project’s partners and donors at the field level as appropriate
- (S)he ensures the project is implemented according to the donor rules and guidelines (e.g. visibility, documentation, monitoring and evaluation)
- (S)he recruits new staff members in line with CCM policies, supported by the HQ Office or a HR Consultant. (S)he ensures that they have the necessary induction, training and support as requested
- (S)he is charge of:
- Managing international and local staff members’ team
- Managing the project’s budget, applying for fund requests to the HQ Office. Reporting also on project’s activities as requested by the donors and the CCM HQ Office
- Collecting all the financial documents for the reports requested
- Improving your professional skills on the job
- Promptly informing the Country Representative and the Desk Officer of any issue regarding the project, that can compromise the relationship between staff members, stakeholders or the name of the Organization
- (S)he works on identifying and writing new humanitarian project’s proposal
- Relevant Academic Degree
- Postgraduate studies in International Humanitarian Development or equivalent studies is an asset
- Main Requirements
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in projects’ management
- Excellent experience in Project Cycle Management
- Excellent knowledge of Italian Development Cooperation procedures (AICS/MAECI)
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with different stakeholders. Diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent in people understanding and management
- Goal-oriented mind
- Strong ability to work under pressure, in challenging situations and meet deadlines
- Excellent user of Microsoft Office
- Perfect Knowledge of Italian (written and spoken)
- Perfect Knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Good knowledge of Ethiopian contest
- Proven experience in Public Health Sector
How to apply
Please, email your application to [email protected] including your Resume (maximum 3 pages) and your Motivation Letter (maximum 1 page). Please, indicate the following reference in the mail subject line (project_coordinator_Filtu)
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.