CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, specialized in the implementation of health-related projects in both humanitarian and development contexts.
CCM has conducted several interventions in Ethiopia since 1982. Most of CCM’s projects in Ethiopia – funded by institutional donors and private foundations – are mainly aimed to address the needs of vulnerable people from high migration areas, increasing access and quality of health services provided to them. Additionally, the current situation of Ethiopia and nearby countries has recently determined a high number of IDPs and refugees. In this regard, CCM is committed to (I) ensure the emergency response to the current humanitarian crisis; and (ii) preserve the health system from a possible consequence due to the humanitarian crisis.
The project “Focus sugli sfollati interni: servizi di base, resilienza e inclusione sociale al confine tra le regioni Somali e Oromia”, funded by AICS, will last 21 months and it is run in partnership with COOPI.
The project aims to improve the living conditions of internally displaced persons present both in informal camps and in host communities, in the woreda of Madda Walabu (Bale zone) Liben and Gumi Eldalo (Guji zone) of Oromia Region and Karsadula and Dekha Suftu (Libe zone) in Somali Region, strengthening their resilience and reducing their social and economic vulnerability.
The project aims at the achievement of the following results:
- Improved the access and quality of basic health services in the camps and host communities, especially for the most vulnerable groups such as children and pregnant women.
- Improved the accessto education, protection and social inclusion of internally displaced persons in host communities.
- Guaranteed better access to WASH infrastructures within the camps and in the host communities.
- Improved the food security of agro-pastoral communities by supporting agriculture and livestock.
Location: Based in Filtu (Liben zone) in Somali Region. Every quarter it is expected to spend time at the office in Addis Abeba
Duration: 21 moths
Starting date: July 2019
Benefit included: Accommodation and medical insurance provided
Closing date: 30th April 2019
- (S)he is in charge of implementing Project’s Activities, working also on financial accounting
- (S)he responds to the Country Representative.
- (S)He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator and the Country Representative in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning
- (S)he collaborate with the Desk Officer (based at the HQ Office) on monitoring the project, planning activities and budgeting.
- (S)he represents CCM to project’s partners and donors at the field level as appropriate
- (S)he ensures the project is implemented according to the donor and CCM rules and guidelines (e.g. visibility, documentation, monitoring and evaluation)
- (S)he recruits new staff members in line with CCM policies, supported by the HQ Office or a HR Consultant. (S)he ensures that they have the necessary induction, training and support as requested
- (S)he is charge of:
- Managing international and local staff members’ team
- Managing the project’s budget, applying for fund requests to the HQ Office. Reporting also on project’s activities as requested by the donors and the CCM HQ Office
- Collecting all the financial documents for the reports requested
- Improving your professional skills on the job
- Promptly informing the Country Representative and the Desk Officer of any issue regarding the project, that can compromise the relationship between staff members, stakeholders or the name of the Organization
- (S)He will actively participate to the Cluster Working Group
- (S)He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
- (S)he works on identifying and writing new humanitarian project’s proposal
- Relevant Academic Degree
- Postgraduate studies in International Humanitarian Development or equivalent studies is an asset
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in projects’ management
- Excellent experience in Project Cycle Management
- Excellent knowledge of Italian Development Cooperation procedures (AICS/MAECI)
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with different stakeholders. Diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent in people understanding and management
- Goal-oriented mind
- Strong ability to work under pressure, in challenging situations and meet deadlines
- Excellent user of Microsoft Office
- Perfect Knowledge of Italian (written and spoken)
- Perfect Knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Good knowledge of Ethiopian contest
- Previous experiences with IDPs, Refugees and/or in an emergency context.
- Proven experience in Public Health Sector
How to apply
- Please, email your resume (PDF- max 4 pages) with three references ‘details to [email protected] (Any CV longer than four (4) pages or in different format will not be taken in consideration due to the high level of applications)
- Compulsory for European applicants (Please, complete the CV with the Privacy European Authorization 679/2016)
- Please, specify in the email subject the vacancy title as follow PM_Filtu_Ethiopia_AID 11547
Any email without a clear title, will not be taken in consideration due to the high level of applications.
Please, note every resume will be evaluated and only short-listed candidates will be contacted