In the framework of CISS’ initiatives in Egypt CISS is selecting the Country Representative that will be based in Cairo with frequent field visits within the country, especially Fayoum, Minya and New Valley Governorates.
CISS is a thirty years Italian NGO with active initiatives in the EU-Mediterranean Region, including Italy in the sectors of education, human trafficking, protection and empowerment of childhood and women, local development, CSOs enhancement.
The active projects in the country are financed by the EU Delegation to Egypt and the IEDS – Italian Egyptian Debt for Swap Development Programme. The initiatives are proposed by a partnership of civil society actors addressing different topics – socio-economic inclusion, valorisation of cultural heritage, gender equality and violence against women – focusing specifically on vulnerable groups, especially youth and women.
The Country representative:
- programs, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the activities planned by CISS in the different projects, in coordination with the local NGO partners in compliance with the agreed objectives and programming with CISS, with the terms of the contracts and agreements made with donors, and national legislation;
- ensures the production of periodic operational plans, and statements of interim and final reports, requests for variations of dissemination materials, etc., Pursuant to the procedures of the donors and CISS;
collaborates with local partners in the local recruitment and coordination of project staff, as well as in the technical mission consultants;
- ensures the proper management of resources and monitor the constant updates of the accounts in compliance with the demands of both CISS both of donors;
- maintains a direct and regular communication with the headquarters of CISS in Italy and the administration, for the performance of daily activities and the resolution of the problems of their direct responsibilities;
- stores and keeps all information and documents concerning the projects.
The Country representative:
- reports to the Desk Officer with whom coordinates;
- represents the organisation in Egypt to local CSOs, Public bodies, donors;
- prepares reports for the NGO visibility;
- contributes to find new funding opportunities.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the social sector of which at least 2 as project assistant/coordinator in Developing countries
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, business administration or related field
- Initiative and capacity to work under pressure in complex environments, adaptability
- Proven skills and experience in the development of relations, financial management and budgeting, monitoring and evaluation, combined with solid skills and experience in management team
- Ability to delegate, personnel management and monitoring performance
- Capacity of implement and follow up administrative process with Egyptian Authorities
- Ability to write project proposals, knowledge of the logical framework methodology
- High knowledge of English and Italian language (written and spoken Level C1)
- Knowledge of Office package and main OS
- Knowledge of Arabic language is an asset,
- Previous work experience in the Mashrek area
If interested in the selection, please send a CV and a letter of interest in Italian or English within 23rd September 2018 to [email protected], specifying in the object “Job Application – Egypt”. Please, send your CV only in case your professional profile is consistent with the vacancy.
Only the selected applicants will be informed and consequently invited for an interview at CISS headquarter located in Via G. Marconi 2°, Palermo, or via skype call.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.