Cesvi has been working in Libya since 2011. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff has been temporarily evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote. From 2016, due to the current situation in Libya, Cesvi remote manages from Tunisia where the Country office is currently based to keep the coordination with the international partners and donors. Based on evaluation of existing situation and on-going security assessment Cesvi is planning to return to Tripoli with key initial expatriate staff.
UNICEF Project aims at:
- Educational support for dropping out at risk children: forcibly displaced children, including refugees, have the right to available and accessible quality education, without discrimination, and Cesvi will strive to provide them with such a chance by promoting retention for IDP and refugee children in the Tawerghan IDP camps of Falah 1, Falah 2, Tariq al Matar, Sidi Assayeh and Janzour and within the refugee communities of Tripoli, through remedial, catch up and homework support.
- Psychosocial support and counselling: tailored PSS support to the target children will be promoted through the intervention, to ensure the protection, recovery and reintegration of those children identified as having been exposed to situations harmful to their psychosocial development and to enhance their protection environment within schools and surrounding communities.
Project will be implemented in Tripoli in 5 IDPs camp and 1 Social Centre
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with field visits to Tripoli and Benghazi if the security conditions allow it.
The Project Manager will work under the supervision of Cesvi Country Representative and HQs Desk Officer.
- S/He will directly plan projects activities.
- S/He will coordinate the Operational staff for the direct implementation and monitoring activities on the ground.
- S/He will responsible in accordance with the deadlines, of the project reporting (activities planning, monthly program progress and project final report).
- S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning.
- S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Head of opProgram, Protection Specialist, M&E Officer for planning and implementing the activities
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
- S/He will directly be responsible for of field staff recruitment and coordination.
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff the team on an ongoing basis.
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvi procedures and rules.
- S/He will report to the donors and ensureing the quality and accuracy of technical information provided.
- S/He will actively participate to the Educational Working Group.
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- University degree in Law and Human Rights Social Science, or Development Studies or another relevant topic.
- Minimum 3 years’ management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts.
- Knowledge of Unicef procedures and regulations
- Working knowledge of relevant child protection frameworks, Pss, Human Rights and education in emergency.
- Understanding of child protection issues faced by children in humanitarian context
- Familiarity with protection cluster and/or protection and education working group.
- Experience of working in remote management
- Experience in staff training and mentoring.
- Solid diplomatic skills: ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners.
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control, review and evaluation.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing programme and emergency priorities that may arise.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently.
- Willingness to undertake missions to Tripoli / work from Tripoli
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package) and ability to produce timely project proposals and high quality narrative reports.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of Libya and MENA region
- Strong experience in M&E.
- Experience in more than one of the Cesvi priority sectors in Libya: education, protection, psychosocial support
- Knowledge of French
- Knowledge of Arabic
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
To apply please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/project-manager-unicef-libya/
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.