Since 2011, Cesvi operates in Libya, being the first Italian NGO to act by providing humanitarian aid facing up to the emergency and to the needs arising from the conflict. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff was temporarily evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote that was lately settled in Tunisia. In 2018, following the improvement of security situation, the managerial staff resumed its presence in the country with regular visits to Cesvi premises and ensuring monitoring of the ongoing activities.
Cesvi works in different geographical areas in Libya: Tripoli, Zwara, and Misrata.
Cesvi sectors of intervention are: Protection (CP, GBV, PSS), Education, and Cash
- UNHCR: Protection and lifesaving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli – urban areas)
- UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Urban areas and IDP camps)
- EU Trust Fund: Strengthening protection and resilience of displaced populations (Misrata – 4 detention centres and urban areas)
- EU EIDHR: Enhancing Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in Libya (Misrata – urban areas)
The collaboration will start in January 2020.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with regular missions to Tripoli and Misrata (Libya) and Tunisia. When security conditions do not allow travels to Libya, the work will be implemented remotely from Tunis.
In close coordination with the Senior Management Team, the Grants Manager is responsible for the effective management of Cesvi grants portfolio and for developing project proposals for both Libya and Tunisia.
- Develop and maintain grant management tools such as funding trackers, grant trackers, dashboards, reporting templates and reporting calendars; and ensure the team is aware of these timelines;
- Assist program and operations teams to ensure compliance with grant regulations;
- Ensure that donor requests are communicated to relevant team members and addressed in a timely manner;
- In collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, oversee the hard and soft filing system for Libya and Tunisian grants;
- Provide support during any external audits;
- Coordinate joint consortium activities (e.g. reviews, evaluations, trainings etc) and facilitate consortium coordination meetings;
- Oversee all internal and external reporting with programs and finance, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and Cesvi requirements;
- Monitor and analyze donor strategies and new funding opportunities in accordance with the countries strategies;
- Act as focal point for handling high-quality proposal developments with programs, finance and operations and technical departments as well as other relevant staff and stakeholder involved in specific project design for ensuring qualitative and timely submission;
- Support also with the development of program budgets ensuring consistency between planned outcomes and budgeted costs;
- Ensure deadlines, donor priorities and requirements are communicated and understood by the team
- As needed and instructed by the Senior Management Team, liaise, build and maintain good relationship with key programmatic counterparts including donor representatives, consortium partners and project stakeholders
- Ensure high quality, accessible information about the projects is available for internal and external audiences
- University/Master degree in social science, or any other relevant field
- Minimum 3/5 years’ grant management experience with INGOs
- Demonstrated advanced skills in needs assessments and project proposal writing in both protracted crisis and/or development contexts, also involving partners and in consortium
- Strong diplomatic skills
- Capacity in networking and building effective partnerships
- Working knowledge of budget development
- Working knowledge about EU and UN rules and regulations, previous experience working on EU-funded projects is preferred
- Ability to produce high quality narrative reports
- IT skills (Office package)
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and French
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to produce and edit documents under deadline pressure
- Attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
- Familiarity with protection and forced migration sectors
- Strategic thinking and innovation;
- Adapts and copes with pressure;
- Knowledge of Arabic
Cesvi has a zero tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.cesvi.eu/jobs/grants-manager-libya-tunisia/
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.