Since 2011, Cesvi operates in Libya, being the first Italian NGO to act by providing humanitarian aid facing up to the emergency and to the needs arising from the conflict. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff was temporarily evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote that was lately settled in Tunisia. In 2018, following the improvement of security situation, the managerial staff resumed its presence in the country with regular visits to Cesvi premises and ensuring monitoring of the ongoing activities.
Cesvi works in two geographical areas: Tripoli (with very likely expansion to Zwara) and Misrata.
Cesvi sectors of intervention are: Protection (CP, GBV, PSS), Education and Cash.
- UNHCR: Protection and life saving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli – urban areas)
- UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Urban areas and IDP camps)
- UNFPA: Increasing the capacity of women, men, boys and girls to prevent and respond to gender-based violence (Tripoli- urban areas)
- EUTF: Strengthening protection and resilience of displaced populations (Misrata – 4 detention centres and urban areas)
- EIDHR: Enhancing Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in Libya (Misrata – urban areas)
The collaboration will start in February 2019.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis with remote management and regular short mission to Libya, if the security conditions allow it.
The Area Administrator Tunisia and Libya will respond to the Head of Mission (HoM) and to HQ Desk officer.
- He/she will work in close collaboration with the Project Accountant and the PMs (both local and international) and he/she will manage 4 local staff.
- He/She will be member of the senior management team (SMT) composed by the Head of Mission, the MEAL Manager, the Operations Manager, the Technical Unit Coordinator and the Area Program Managers.
Main tasks and duties:
- S/he will ensure the financial management – plan, supervise and deliver all project and programme related administrative functions: accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and monitoring;
- S/he supervise bookkeeping and other financial records of the mission (cash & bank management, Prime entry monthly update, monthly reconciliations, Forecast updating );
- S/he will support the budget holders in the preparation of:
- the monthly Budget Forecast Update (BFU) and financial plans;
- prepare requests for funds for the HQ and or donors;
- check and approves Local Request for Funds from the Field Offices.
- S/he will build capacity of national finance/admin staff through on-the-job training and participate in the review, monitoring and performance evaluation of financial/administrative staff;
- S/he will ensure that the management of the program will comply with administrative procedures of Donors, local Law and Cesvi and will develop procedures and guidelines to this end, as well as provide on-the-job training and supervise partner’s administrative staff;
- S/he will coordinate the Finance and Admin activities and schedule to meet the Financial Reporting requirements and deadlines specified by Cesvi HQs, donors and Audit;
- S/he will participate to the coordination meeting with other NGOs (NGO Forum) and Consortium partners’ related to financial and administrative issues.
- S/he will ensure an adequate reporting to the Head of Mission based in Tunis and at HQ to the Desk Officer and Project Accountant, with regard to the management/control of financial flows of the various projects, constantly monitoring expenses and cash flow (final balance and budget analysis);
- S/he will assure an efficient office organization and a correct storage of the project finance/administrative documentation;
- S/he will assist Project managers with preparation of new donor budgets and budget amendments, to ensure compliance with donor regulations and to ensure their incorporation into the country annual operating budget & revisions;
- S/he will ensure the execution of HR regulations in line with Cesvi’s HR policies and the local labour law;
- S/he will enhance HR administration tools and guidelines incl. job descriptions, salary scales, performance evaluations, disciplinary processes, staff development policy, terms and conditions, etc and update HR policies and procedures accordingly;
- S/he will ensure the fulfilment of legal obligations for INGOs in both the countries (official registrations, taxes, etc.);
- S/he will carry out briefing and de-briefing with the HQ at the beginning and at the end of his/her assignment;
- S/he will attend a compulsory training at the beginning of his/her assignment at HQs level.
- University or postgraduate degree in economics;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial and administrative management with 3 years in countries in emergency and chronic crisis context;
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills;
- Accountancy skills;
- Ability to prepare financial reports;
- Ability to prepare new budget proposal
- Skilled in preparing forecast and financial planning
- Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures, in particular: UNHCR, Unicef, DEVCO,ECHO;
- Experience in reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control, and review them for efficiency when appropriate
- Experience in remote management mechanisms;
- Communication skills with ability to work closely with CESVI local, expatriate staff and partners;
- Ability to support, manage and develop national and expatriate staff;
- Cross cultural awareness, sensitivity, and patience;
- Very flexible and with a positive attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure (instable environment, working to/meet deadlines);
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills; Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programmes such as Word and Excel as well as accounting packages & other database competencies;
- Working knowledge of English and French – written and spoken
- Prior experience in Middle East – Northern African countries and/or other complex areas;
- Previous experience in effective and efficient setting of support service department; Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively;
- Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members;
- Effective team membership integration ability;
- Highly flexible and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of Arabic.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.