Since 2011, Cesvi operates in Libya, being the first Italian NGO to act by providing humanitarian aid facing up to the emergency and to the needs arising from the conflict. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff was temporarily evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote that was lately settled in Tunisia. In 2018, following the improvement of security situation, the managerial staff re-launched its presence in the country with regular visits to Cesvi premises and ensuring monitoring of the ongoing activities.
Cesvi works in two geographical areas: Tripoli (with very likely expansion to Zwara) and Misrata.
Cesvi is exploring the possibility to set up an operation in Tunisia.
Cesvi sector of interventions are: GBV, Child Protection, Education and Cash.
- UNHCR –> Donor: Protection and life saving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers; Target: Refugees
- UNICEF –> Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees?; Target: Refugee children Tawergha IDP children
- UNFPA –> Increasing the capacity of women, men, boys and girls to prevent and respond to gender-based violence.
- EUTF –> Strengthening protection and resilience of displaced populations; Target: Mix migrants
- EIDHR –> Enhancing Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in Libya; Target: Mix migrants, Host community.
As Intern She/He will support Cesvi management in the supervision and development of Protection/Project activities and in carrying out any relevant tasks related to the positive implementation of operations.
S/he will contribute, under the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator and in coordination with staff (expat and local) and partners, to:
Support the Protection Coordinator during the preparation and submission of Protection-related activities reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, biannual, annual reports);
- Assist Protection Coordinator and the Project Manager in writing and revising Project tools;
- Assist the Protection Coordinator in needs assessment;
- Assist in the preparation of meetings, workshops, and training courses;
- Assist the staff in communication activities (e.g. systematization of photos, drafting of articles and monthly newsletter);
- Assist the staff in logistics activities (e.g. flights booking, emails setting up)
- University Degree in human right law, social science, or development work or another relevant topic
- Fluency in written and spoken English (B2 level)
- Fluency in written and spoken French (B2 level)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Previous experience working/volunteering in nonprofit organization is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/internship-libya/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.