Cesvi has been working in Libya since 2011. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff was evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote From 2016 Cesvi remote manages project activities from Tunisia and, security conditions permitting, the Organization schedules short missions to Tripoli with key expatriate staff In the future Cesvi plans to return to Libya.
Ongoing projects are funded by HCR, and EU and implemented in Misrata and Tripoli.
Within the above mentioned projects, Cesvi’s strategy is focused on the protection area, notably on the achievement of alternative manners of detention, GBV awareness campaigns, information campaigns on migrant’s rights and risks, identification of permanent solutions such as the voluntary return, resettlement in Third Countries and the right to stay in Libya. Food and hygienic kits distributions are also a big part of the project especially during emergency periods.
Cesvi action aims to encourage the adoption of an inclusive approach towards the most vulnerable people, striving to satisfy their basic needs, in line with international standards and Standard Operating Procedures set up together with UNHCR. The actions are designed on the basis of the need expressed by beneficiaries and host community. Psychological support represents a corner stone of Cesvi lifesaving activity – with all the other services provided linked to it. An adequate case management is considered fundamental in order to offer complete support to the lifesaving activities for the beneficiaries. Moreover, the support of local organizations, guaranteed through an efficient partnership system, allows the follow-up with the beneficiary.
Due to the current situation in Libya, the coordination office is based in Tunis in order to keep the coordination with the international partners and donor.
The Project Manager of the EU funded project “Enhancing Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in Libya “has to coordinate by remote the key staff in order to properly implement the program in Libya.. The goal of the program is to contribute to the protection and promotion of women’s rights in Tripoli and Benghazi. Specific outputs are:
- Victims/Survivors of Gender Based Violence Have Access to Quality Medico-Psycho-Social and Legal Support Services
- Service Providers, CSOs and Women Associations Have Better Means and Tools to Improve the GBV response
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with field visits for all programs, security conditions permitting.
The Project Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission.
- S/He will directly plan program activities S/He will directly coordinate the intervention with the other INGOs/NGO partners
- S/He will coordinate the Operational staff , MEAL staff, for the direct implementation and monitoring of activities on the ground,
- S/He will responsible, in accordance with the deadlines, of project reporting (activities planning, monthly program progress and project final report)
- S/He will work in close collaboration with the Country Administrator and Head of Program in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning (one year total budget up to 500,000 €)
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times
- S/He will directly responsible for field staff recruitment and coordination
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching ofproject staff on an ongoing basis
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvi procedures and rules
- S/He will actively participate to the Sector Working Group.
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders
- University degree
- Minimum 5 years’ of proven management experience in leading the development of and ensuring successful delivery of programme strategy within a humanitarian context,
- Knowledge of human rights/protection of refugees and asylum seekers
- Experience in remote management and work with local NGOs
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills, and demonstrated experience in networking and building effective partnerships
- Experience in working with the European Union
- Proven capacity in managing Donors’ relations and in supporting and guiding the development of proposals and funds acquisition
- Proven experience in personnel management
- Strategic thinking and innovation
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Libya and MENA region
- Knowledge of main donors’ procedures and regulation and previous experience in human rights
- Strong experience in M&E
- Knowledge of Arabic
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
To apply please visit https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/project-manager-european-union-libya/
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.