Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of water, sanitation and the environment. Cesvi implemented various projects in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster and other coordination networks.
The implemented activities are mainly: construction of water purification systems, sewage networks, roads rehabilitation, drainage systems, latrines, cisterns, septic tanks and water pipes. Development or improvement of a municipal solid waste system – including strategies and plans, construction of facilities (e.g. transfer stations) and implementation of hygiene awareness campaigns.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the Governorates of Tulkarem, Hebron, Bethlehem and in Shufat Refugee Camp in consortium with local and international partners. The ongoing projects are funded by AICS (Italian Cooperation), EU, UNRWA and HIF -Humanitarian Innovation Fund.
The project “Approccio integrato per una migliore gestione dei rifiuti, sensibilizzazione ambientale ed educazione ad un’alimentazione sana per i rifugiati dei campi di Nur Shams e Tulkarem” funded by AICS aims at improving the sanitary conditions of the population of Nur Shams and Tulkarem refugee camps, through an improved integrated waste management system and increased awareness of the importance of the protection of the environment.
In particular, this project aims at the achievement of the following results:
- Improved management of the waste collection service run by UNRWA for the two camps;
- Consolidation of the complementary waste collection system in the Nurshams camps, extension to Tulkarem camp and explore new opportunities for expansions;
- Improvement of the environmental consciousness and awareness of the beneficiaries of the Nurshams and Tulkarem refugee camps through training activities, awareness campaigns and promotion of healthier eating styles.
The project will last 12 months and it is run by Cesvi in consortia with Overseas.
The collaboration will start in September 01, 2018
The main duty station will be in Tulkarem, with frequent travels to Jerusalem and in the North area of the West Bank.
The Technical advisor will work under the supervision of the project manager and s/he will coordinate with the HoM and Country Administrator.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop the UNRWA solid waste management plan for Tulkarem camp, in compliance with the UNRWA West Bank Solid Waste Management Strategy and based on previous Cesvi experience and publications, in coordination with UNRWA and Cesvi relevant officers.
- Develop a study on the management of healthcare waste in UNRWA facilities in the North area of the West Bank, possibly covering also other healthcare facilities (i.e. public, private, nongovernmental), estimating the quantities, identifying practices, challenges and opportunities, and proposing recommendations and appropriate actions.
- Supervise the implementation of technical components of the project contracted; ensure proper project implementation, full compliance with required standards and specifications.
- In coordination with the Project Manager, Develop – if required – technical designs, illustrations, and Bills of Quantities (BOQs), and/or other relevant documents, approve samples from Contractors for the required project.
- Suggest structural proposals for construction/rehabilitation variations or additional works that take place during construction/ rehabilitation. To be reviewed and approved by Project Manager.
- Report any changes or potential changes on the budget. Review Contractor claims, invoices, drawings and material submittals.
- Provides reporting on the progress of the project during assessment, tendering, and implementation phases. Ensure that any matter that requires attention is reported for direct action.
- Undertake field visits and surveys and assess progress of works.
- Actively participate in technical coordination networks, in coordination with the HoM.
- Write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and donor.
- University degree on civil or environmental engineering or similar field.
- Minimum 2/3 years of experience in waste management projects
- Knowledge of healthcare waste management
- Strong computer skills, especially in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to manipulate and work on AutoCAD, GIS and other engineering software’s
- Excellent Reporting skills in English
- Good organizational and project management skill
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners, and acting effectively as an integration team member
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, to meet deadlines and keep the project’s files and documents.
- Further qualification in waste management;
- Prior experience in OPT and/or other complex areas in the Middle East
- Knowledge of Arabic
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/technical-advisor-opt/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.