Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of water, sanitation and environment through the implementation of projects in the field in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster.
The implemented activities are mainly: construction of water purification systems, sewage networks, roads rehabilitation, drainage systems, latrines, cisterns, septic tanks and water pipes. Management and construction of a municipal solid waste system and implementation of hygiene awareness campaigns.
The collaboration will start in August 01, 2018
The main duty station will be in Tulkarem
The Project Manager will work under the supervision of Head of Mission and s/he will coordinate with the Country Administrator and technical advisor.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- S/He will directly plan project activities under the supervision of the Head of Mission
- S/He will coordinate the local operational staff
- S/He will ensure the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines, (activity planning, monthly project progress and final report).
- S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning and with the Head of Mission
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
- S/He will be directly responsible for field staff recruitment and coordination.
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff team on an ongoing basis.
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvis’ procedures and rules.
- S/He will report to the donors and ensure the quality and accuracy of the technical information provided.
- S/He will actively participate to the Wash Working Group.
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- University degree in human right law, social science, or development work or another relevant topic.
- Minimum 2/4 years’ project management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts.
- Experience in waste and sanitization management projects
- Knowledge of AICS financial rules and regulations
- Solid experience in needs assessments and project proposal writing;
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners, and acting effectively as an integration team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
- Excellent knowledge of English and Italian – written and spoken.
- Prior experience in OPT and/or other complex areas in the Middle East
- Knowledge of Arabic
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/project-manager-aics-opt/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.