Cesvi has been working in Haiti since 2009, implementing its projects in the field of emergency, children’s rights, food security and watershed management in the South, North and West departments.
Currently actions are concentrated in two areas of Haiti: Port-au-Prince (PAP) and Les Cayes.
In PAP Cesvi supports, the House of Smiles opened in 2010 at Wharf Jérémie, a disadvantaged neighbourhood of Cité Soleil (PAP), which offers recreational activities and psychological counseling to children and teenagers. Despite it being inside a formal school, the House of Smiles is open to all those interested in additional lessons and after-school recreational activities.
Thanks to the participation of other institutions and NGOs, the House of Smiles has become a reference point for the awareness of the whole community.
In Les Cayes Cesvi supports and implements projects designed on food security, disaster and risk reduction and water and hygiene. The action aims at linking emergency interventions to resilience building, with the objective to improve food security conditions of vulnerable households affected by drought.
The collaboration will start in January – February 2019.
The main duty station will be Port au Prince for coordination and representative duties, with periodical field visits in the project area (Les Cayes) or other areas for need assessments.
The Head of Mission will respond to the HQs Desk Officer.
The Head of Mission has the main responsibility of:
1. supervising and supporting the project activities
2. liaising with actors and seeking funding opportunities in the Country.
Detailed tasks and duties:
- Be Cesvi representative in the Country
- Support project management in Les Cayes, including administration, accounting, procurement (in accordance with Cesvi rules and regulations), staffing and reporting
- Guarantee clear documentation of all project activities, through reports and other visibility tools, as required and agreed upon with Cesvi headquarters and the donor
- Support the Local partners (national organization) whenever necessary for the successful implementation of the House of Smiles’ activities
- Manage liaisons with local, national, and international actors (governmental entities, European cooperation, UN Agencies, local and international NGOs, private sector and civil society associations and other stakeholders), with special attention to Alliance2015 members
- Attend meetings with UN Agencies representatives, EU representatives, local and international NGOs officers, private sector and civil society representatives, whenever required
- Seek funding possibilities and create project proposals for private and public donors, according to Cesvi Country strategy
- Produce planning or strategic documents, including related financial provisions under the supervision of the Desk Officer at Headquarters level
- Ensure the elaboration of trimonthly internal reports to be submitted to the Desk Officer on achievements, projects, problems encountered, pertinent developments, and strategic needs
- Be involved in visibility actions taken by Cesvi headquarters in order to promote in-Country activities and to raise funds accordingly
- Master degree in economics, agronomy, political science, international affairs, or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in foreign countries on agricultural, livelihoods, or other related development projects
- Strong understanding of development issues and the organizational goals
- Knowledge of major donors rules and regulations
- Knowledge of procurement procedures
- Proven experience in project writing (from need assessment to final presentation)
- Experience in developing country strategy: excellent abilities in dealing with international donors for presentation and negotiation of project proposals
- Strong networking and negotiation skills
- Communication skills with ability to work closely with local staff, beneficiaries, and partners
- Highly flexible and strong organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills as well as experience with NGO procedures, approaches and operations
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Fluency in French (written and spoken)
- Post graduate qualifications in management or related field
- Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members
- Experience in administrative management in the humanitarian context
- Prior experience in Haiti
- Knowledge of English
- Knowledge of Italian
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.